What's new

All shavettes for SE blades

Hi all,
Except for Feather Artist club, Kai, Feather clones, do you know any shavettes that accept Feather Artist club blades ?
I'm now using it with a sedef shavette but wonder if there is anything else on the market :)

The Lam Universal shavette seems gorgeous and cheap. Can someone confirm me that it accepts Artist club blades ?

The Universal Lama Intera only takes DE blades. There is a half-DE model and one that takes whole DE blades.

I’m a big fan of the Irving Barber Co razor, and that takes both AC and half-DE blades. It’s really nice and feels great in the hand. But more expensive - about $70 or so. I enjoy using mine just as much as my Feather and Kai razors. It’s light, well balanced, a neat size, and you can get it in different colours and finishes.

The Tedalus Essence also accepts AC, DE and injector blades, but it’s a very expensive and beautifully made razor. Feels relatively heavy too.

There are loads of Chinese made alternatives that are cheaply priced, but others know much more about which ones are good than I do.

The Universal Lama Intera only takes DE blades. There is a half-DE model and one that takes whole DE blades.

I’m a big fan of the Irving Barber Co razor, and that takes both AC and half-DE blades. It’s really nice and feels great in the hand. But more expensive - about $70 or so. I enjoy using mine just as much as my Feather and Kai razors. It’s light, well balanced, a neat size, and you can get it in different colours and finishes.

The Tedalus Essence also accepts AC, DE and injector blades, but it’s a very expensive and beautifully made razor. Feels relatively heavy too.

There are loads of Chinese made alternatives that are cheaply priced, but others know much more about which ones are good than I do.
thanks !
chinese shavettes, you means Feather AC clones I guess?

FWIW, this is a pic I took a while back of my AC shavettes. The Irving Barber Co is on the left and the Tedalus is in the middle. I get a lot of pleasure using these things. It’s an excellent razor format and the guarded Feather and Kai blades are a nice option to have.

7F264AE5-3488-4A92-B873-C313B3328C2C.jpeg

The Tedalus is the most beautiful !
I personnaly use an AC blade into my sedef shavette. Works great !

No, but you can put an Hair Shaper blade in your Sedef (without the spine).
Just be careful to not cut yourself, because the blade is too wide for the scales.

Funny enough, this makes this very cheap razor even more flexible than a Tedalus.

thanks Datkspy, actually I already shave with the Sedef shavette and I put an AC blade inside. Works perfectly :)

G

Guest2023

There are many Japanese AC shavettes that had been and are still produced today.

F005EAAB-8009-4FE4-98DD-EA64A3B006D5.jpeg

For example, There are Schick Proline AC shavettes produced in 1990's. Schick Proline AC blades were meant to be used with these razors.
2ABCFA50-980E-4E56-830B-2FA8BEAA4407.jpeg

Flow razor. It is available only in Japan. A SS AC shavette with safety bar. An extremely comfortable razor.

B93BF1C9-F440-4DF2-A539-90D45D31AC14.jpeg

Be-Glad razor.

This razor has been produced for more than 30 years without any modification except material change from chrome plated zamac to SS 10 years ago. Only SS version is produced today. The pictured one I have is chrome plated.

This one is especially loved by Japanese barber. Another extremely comfortable razor.

https://be-glad-kamisori.jimdofree.com/商品写真と価格のご案内-1/

I have seen the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Shavett used with injector blades and AC blades. Personally I have no experiene with said razor.

Top Bottom