What's new

All open combs kinda look alike, HOW CAN I TELL THEM APART?

I referred to this post as I have only just now picked up my first NEW common bar. In determining if it was a short or long comb razor I noticed in the pics here that another difference between the long and short comb NEW razor is that the caps are entirely different as well. The underside of the short comb cap is cast with 90 degree angles at the edges where the cap meets/holds the blade. The long comb cap is more flared and constructed with less sharp of an angle. :001_smile

oh, can you post pics?

oh, can you post pics?

You can see it in the photos that AsylumGuido posted of the Razors A to F - I also put them in my post. The caps are different as well - it isn't only the guards that are different. If you can't compare one to the other in order to be sure if your teeth are long or short, just take a quick look at the cap.

You can see it in the photos that AsylumGuido posted of the Razors A to F - I also put them in my post. The caps are different as well - it isn't only the guards that are different. If you can't compare one to the other in order to be sure if your teeth are long or short, just take a quick look at the cap.

ok, thanks

R

rainman

Here's a little help (or maybe just more confusion :wink:):

proxy.php

A Old Type with thin 102 cap
B Old Type with thicker 102A cap (kind of an oddball)
C New Improved (sold as New Standard, Bostonian, and Richwood)
D Common Bar Handle NEW with short teeth
E Common Bar Handle NEW with long teeth
F NEW De Luxe (chrome plated with heavy flat base plate)

Thanks for the ID's!

This is indeed a fabulous thread. The data that is condensed in this thread would take most of us a lot of searching to find :lol:.

Thread subscribed. :biggrin:.

Here's a little help (or maybe just more confusion :wink:):

proxy.php

A Old Type with thin 102 cap
B Old Type with thicker 102A cap (kind of an oddball)
C New Improved (sold as New Standard, Bostonian, and Richwood)
D Common Bar Handle NEW with short teeth
E Common Bar Handle NEW with long teeth
F NEW De Luxe (chrome plated with heavy flat base plate)

That's really nice to see them all lined up like that, I have acquired two or three NEW types and never knew about short or long teeth versions, thanks bc

Top Bottom