What's new

All Jack Black Shave last night

Last night:

Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub: I love this stuff. It's exfoliating, and slightly menthol-y for a crisp, refreshing pre-shave treatment. The only thing I don't like about it is that it requires a bit of effort to rinse off.

Jack Black Supreme Cream Triple Cushion Shave Lather. Face lathered nicely. A tiny amount yielded 3 passes. No noticeable scent.

Jack Black Pure Performance Shave Brush: Very soft, nice backbone. Lathers on the face very well. Annoyingly drips water from the base during lathering though. Wouldn't be a problem lathering in a bowl though, but disconcerting on the face when you get a drip of water suddenly appearing from seemingly nowhere.

Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel: LOVE this stuff. It is my go-to aftershave treatment. The fact that it is a gel is a little off-putting, but it works so amazingly well, I use it nonetheless.

Weber loaded with a personna med prep.

Perfect, four pass shave, no irritation or burning. I am a big fan of JB stuff and wanted to share.

I also really like eShave's stuff too.

Hmm.. .now that I think about it, I think last night's shave was a 100% made in the USA shave as well.....

Interesting report. Perhaps you could have put on a little bit of Jack Black Beard Lube as a pre-shave? I think it's amazing stuff for shaving without lather.

As you appear to be a Jack Black fan, I was wondering if you'd tried the Jack Black Face bar/Shave soap used as a shave soap? It has me curious, as I can't find any mention of it in the reviews.
Regards,
Renato

I'll be using a sample of the JB Supreme Creme tonight, I think. My wife got this for me at Sephora. I wasn't too excited about it and just wanted to get it out of my den, but now I'm looking forward to it. In my cartridge days I used JB Beard Lube and I love that stuff. I use it now occasionally as a pre-shave, which it does a nice job of.

Perhaps you could have put on a little bit of Jack Black Beard Lube as a pre-shave? I think it's amazing stuff for shaving without lather.

I tried some eShave shave oil once, and did not like how it felt on my skin at all, so I've not been interested in trying the JB beard lube. But perhaps I'll grab a sample of it in the near future....

As you appear to be a Jack Black fan, I was wondering if you'd tried the Jack Black Face bar/Shave soap used as a shave soap?

I have not. I've got two eShave hard soaps, which is more than enough, but maybe I'll try it when they run out. In a year or two.. hahaha! (stuff is costly but LASTS a long time....)

I'll be using a sample of the JB Supreme Creme tonight, I think

I have heard that there is an old and a new formulation, the old formulation not lathering well at all. I had no problems getting a good lather within 15 seconds last night, so I suspect I have the new formulation...??

I have heard that there is an old and a new formulation, the old formulation not lathering well at all. I had no problems getting a good lather within 15 seconds last night, so I suspect I have the new formulation...??

My sample is about a month old, so I probably have the new formulation as well. I'll post my impressions here after I use it.

After this I'm using up my sample of Anthony Logistics Shaving Cream. You don't read much about it here, but what you read is encouraging.

I must have had the old formulation because the I used was crap for lathering. I used a typical amount of cream and all I got was a silvery shimmer of a thin coat. I then doubled that amount and kept adding water until it was dripping down my face. No luck. I then wiped it all off, rinsed it off, and got out my sample tub of Anthony Logistics Shaving Cream. Now THERE'S a nice cream! A great menthol freeze that I wasn't expecting.

I tried some eShave shave oil once, and did not like how it felt on my skin at all, so I've not been interested in trying the JB beard lube. But perhaps I'll grab a sample of it in the near future....

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Regards,
Renato

i love JB as well. I havent used anything other than their double duty face moisturizer, the line smoother (night time awesomeness), and the deodorant. but they are all amazing and most of them are vegan! im looking forward for my next JB purchase!

I also recently tried the Jack Black Supreme Creme. I liked it a great deal, and the lather for me was on par with my other shaving creams and soaps.

I find them easier to take seriously than things called Nancy Boy, Mamma Bear, Queen Charlotte, an Men-U.

I do like most of their stuff, though I"m not crazy about the packaging myself...

Top Bottom