What's new

All Hail The Mighty Injector!

I've been shaving with an L1 Injector for the past two weeks and I have to say, so far it gave me the best shaves of my life. Yesterday I felt a bit adventurous and tried a one-pass ATG, to be rewarded with a no nicks, irritation-free nearly BBS result. That is something I couldn't even dream of achieving with a DE.

Has anybody else made similar experiences and if so, why don't Injectors get more love around here? Personally, I can't see myself using a DE as a daily shaver any more, I'll be an Injector man from now on.

Tido

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have an L1, and it's by far the best injector I've tried- very smooth. Coupled with a Ted Pella blade, it gives a tremendous shave that's so easy it's almost impossible to screw up.

I don't have an L1 (but may now have to buy one!).

I'm a big fan of the injectors and my favorite is my adjustable.

Injector razors are a favorite. I have the Hyrdro-Magic and its an excellent and easy-to-use razor. Injector razors have always been a little ignored, even when they were competing with Gillette for the favor of the shaving public. Its a simple design that just works and works well. Unfortunately, the latter day models (late 50's to the 80's or so) are difficult to find. Many were probably just thrown away when the favor of the shaving public turned to cartridge razors.

I read somewhere that Schick still sells Injectors in Japan. Has anybody tried one of those?

They do not anymore, unfortunately. Discontinued in 2000. I've looked, but no dice. :frown:

That's a real shame. The thought that, should anything happen to my beloved Injectors, I could just head over to Japan and pick up a new one was somehow very comforting. :blushing:

I remember my first injector. Was a Schick "Stick Shift" The handle look like the shifter on a muscle car. Even had the 4 speed shift pattern on the end of the ball. It's cool to think of it now but as I remember I couldn't stand using it. Didn't know how to use it right, I guess...

Top Bottom