Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Adventus August shave#1
IMG_20220731_133550.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Personna Platinum(3)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra

Tonight for the first shave of AAA I am using RR Emperor, this is on my 3017 list so I will be using it for the whole of August except for Saturdays when I will use SV Opuntia for SV Saturdays. I used to scoop some out into a bowl and lathered, but it was always a bit thin, now I am lathering straight from the puck the lather is much thicker and slicker.
Tonight's shave was excellent, an easy BBS with the Rockwell and my favourite blade the Personna Platinum. If all my shaves are like this this month will be easy, well a lot easier than Arko August anyway.

Date​
02.08.2022 Tech Tuesday​
Main Focus:2/31 Days in GRUME (6.4% competed and easily still in)
211/214 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other:High Efficiency Razors Summer
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
All Aventus August
Prep:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Cream:The Alpha Men 2.0
Aftershave:Floïd The Genuine
Balm:Executive Man
Bowl:Proraso tub / Face lather
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Passes:WTG (NE-SW)
XTG (W-E) slanted
ATG (S-N)
Razor:English Flat Bottom Tech
Blade:Shark Super Chrome (11) - retired
Rating:9/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11870222

20220801_154605-01-01.jpeg
🍍 AAA - Day 2 🍍

I chose Ariana & Evans Spartacus for today's shave. In my opinion the scent profile is not a close dupe of Aventus, however, the scent is nice and the performance of both the soap and the splash is nothing short of excellent.

Two passes with the Wolfman's DC 1.30 side today, followed by some minor touchups with the higher gapped side on the chin and some crucial parts on the neck and jaw line. The shave was just as smooth as yesterday's shave, very nice and efficient. BBS, with a calm skin.

Finished the shave with the fragrance of the day, Armaf Clud de Nuit Intense EdP.

Happy 🍍 shaves!

Calling Aventus, here Aventus. Nope, no Aventus here. I thought my tub was pretty much scentless and it's a brand new tub although I've had it for some time. My GF described the scent from my bathroom as a very pleasant smelling soap smell.
View attachment 1498145
Weird. I bought my tub about two years ago (I have to look it up). It still has a mid strength scent intensity (perhaps a 4/10). It's never been a strong scented soap.
However, I feel A&E kind of missed the Aventus theme on Spartacus. Still a pleasant scent (if present at all😞).

All Aventus August - Every Now And Again

TL;DR -
Nice DFS shave, smooth and comfortable, great smelling shave soap

Equipment: Merkur 20C, Shark SS(1), Captain's Choice Venture Shave Soap

The Shave: Loaded up a fresh Shark Super Stainless blade, whipped up some Captain's Choice Venture lather (great scent, great soap), and received a very nice, no drama, DFS shave, smooth and comfortable. It's hot and humid up here in the Northeast, so the scent of Venture is right for our summer.

D1CD33CD-A4E7-4E39-ADF2-41DDEB2156CE.jpeg

Blade: Shark Platinum
Razor: Rockwell 6S (base plate 5)
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger aka Scritch Monster
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Executive Man
Aftershave: Aqua Velva - Ice Sport

This was the first time I've ever used this blade in this razor. The reason I'm mentioning this is that this combination produced a very loud, what I can only described as a pulling apart velcro sound. Lol.

I mean I really enjoy the sound that a Schick Krona makes which I always believed was due to the lightweight aluminum head. But today's shave was audibly on another level.

OH well. The Rockwell 6S and Shark Platinum combo resulted in a nice, smooth, close shave. And that, I'm most happy with.

This was the first time I've ever used this blade in this razor. The reason I'm mentioning this is that this combination produced a very loud, what I can only described as a pulling apart velcro sound. Lol.

I mean I really enjoy the sound that a Schick Krona makes which I always believed was due to the lightweight aluminum head. But today's shave was audibly on another level.
That has been my experience with the Shark Chrome as well. I think it might have to do with the fact that Sharks are a tad thicker than other blades. Or is that my mind playing tricks on me?

Guido

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August shave#2
IMG_20220731_133550.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Personna Platinum(4)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra

Tonight I used the same setup as last night because honestly today I've just been too busy to take another shave pic, not that I didn't want a change of gear. It doesn't matter though because the shave was good anyway.
The scent and performance of Emperor is starting to grow on me and maybe that will help my other 2 RR soaps XXX and Don Marco (not that Don Marco needs any help, that Orange scent alone makes it a keeper for me) The result was not quite a BBS, but smoother than last night, if I get around to it tomorrow I will do another pic, if not I'll be shaving with the same setup again.

Top Bottom