What's new

ALL AVENTUS AUGUST (starts August, 1st)

Last night (August 31) I had shave #13 with blade #2 of the Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with a Fendrihan Kingston razor head on a West Coast Shaving 79BR handle.

Of course, I used Captain's Choice Venture soap. I'm glad I participated in this month's challenge (though I hadn't expected to participate so much!). I had forgotten just how good Captain's Choice Venture shave soap really is. I plan to set it aside for the next month (and probably beyond) just to be able to use some other soaps. I expect I'll be thinking of it often, though.

But I digress.

I showered with cold water and also used cold water to soak my new Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush. Additionally, I soaked an almond sized sliver of soap in my Captain's Choice Seaworthy bowl before each shave (I dumped the soapy water into an empty cup and applied a little of the soapy water to my face before each lather pass).

The Captain's Choice Venture shave soap was marvelous, again. But with my new SOC, I was also able to massage my face a little while applying the lather before moving on to my usual painting strokes.

I did my usual two pass (WTG and ATG) shave and buffed my trouble areas. Feeling a little paranoid, because I didn't really feel my blade, I did some extra buffing of my usual trouble areas. Afterward, I cleaned up with my usual alum block pass before washing it off and applying aftershave splash (Aqua Velva Ice Blue) and aftershave balm (Duke Cannon Ice Cold).

My shave was fantastic! Even with a little more buffing than usual, I barely felt any feedback when I applied my alum block post-shave. When I applied my aftershave splash, I almost thought I didn't apply any to my cheeks as there was little to no alcohol sting!

All in all, I would give this shave a 99/100. Yet, this was the 13th shave with the same blade! 😮

Last edited:
Last night (August 31) I had shave #13 with blade #2 of the Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. The blade was held in place with a Fendrihan Kingston razor head on a West Coast Shaving 79BR handle.

Of course, I used Captain's Choice Venture soap. I'm glad I participated in this month's challenge (though I hadn't expected to participate so much!). I had forgotten just how good Captain's Choice Venture shave soap really is. I plan to set it aside for the next month (and probably beyond) just to be able to use some other soaps. I expect I'll be thinking of it often, though.

But I digress.

I showered with cold water and also used cold water to soak my new Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush. Additionally, I soaked an almond sized sliver of soap in my Captain's Choice Seaworthy bowl before each shave (I dumped the soapy water into an empty cup and applied a little of the soapy water to my face before each lather pass).

The Captain's Choice Venture shave soap was marvelous, again. But with my new SOC, I was also able to massage my face a little while applying the lather before moving on to my usual painting strokes.

I did my usual two pass (WTG and ATG) shave and buffed my trouble areas. Feeling a little paranoid, because I didn't really feel my blade, I did some extra buffing of my usual trouble areas. Afterward, I cleaned up with my usual alum block pass before washing it off and applying aftershave splash (Aqua Velva Ice Blue) and aftershave balm (Duke Cannon Ice Cold).

My shave was fantastic! Even with a little more buffing than usual, I barely felt any feedback when I applied my alum block post-shave. When I applied my aftershave splash, I almost thought I didn't apply any to my cheeks as there was little to no alcohol sting!

All in all, I would give this shave a 99/100. Yet, this was the 13th shave with the same blade! 😮

Now that’s the perfect check out shave for AAA, isn't it? Glad you liked the month... :thumbsup:

By the way, I intend to start another monthly activity which might be of interest for you. SOCtober... 😉 so there are (up to) 31 additional reasons to give your new SOC brush a spin. And don't forget to share a photo of your new brush... 😉

Reactions: bjm
Now that’s the perfect check out shave for AAA, isn't it? Glad you liked the month... :thumbsup:

By the way, I intend to start another monthly activity which might be of interest for you. SOCtober... 😉 so there are (up to) 31 additional reasons to give your new SOC brush a spin. And don't forget to share a photo of your new brush... 😉
I'll most definitely participate in SOCtober! 🙂

Attachments

• 353B4613-DBC5-45B3-B764-C9A2699E4E38.jpeg
    353B4613-DBC5-45B3-B764-C9A2699E4E38.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 7
I wish I knew about this sooner. I just got stirling executive man in the bath soap as a way of sampling the scent, my first experience with an “aventus style” scent. Awesome stuff. I can see why there is so much hype around these scents. Will have to grab a soap/splash combo next time I order shaving products. Certainly deserves a spot in the rotation. Thinking PAA Grey or Declaration Sellout, I haven’t had anything from those artisans but I’ve heard great things. Looking forward to it

Here we go...

Top Bottom