Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Thäter 4125/1 LE Silvertip 2-band badger
Soap: Stirling Soap Executive Man
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Stainless Steel Open Comb
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (5)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap Executive Man
Fragrance: Montblanc Explorer EdP

AAA-Day 30

Two passes and just a few touch-ups were needed today to achieve the full BBS. Executive Man delivered a smooth and dense lather with a fantastic fruity aroma; rounded out with a good dose of Explorer. Wonderful, once again.

As the end of AAA approaches and the first participants check out, I want to take this opportunity to thank you ALL for your contributions over the course of this month!

See you tomorrow - it's the final AAA-day:001_wub:

This has been my 10th, 11th, and 12th shave with blade #2 of the Polisilver Stainless steel blades. The blade was held in place with a Fendrihan Kingston razor head with a West Coast Shaving 79BR handle.

I used Captain's Choice Venture soap for all three shaves. Afterward, I cleaned up with my usual alum block pass before washing it off and applying aftershave splash (Aqua Velva Ice Blue (for the first two shaves) or Pinaud Clubman) and aftershave balm (Nivea Sensitive Postshave Balm, Duke Cannon Ice Cold, or Korres Saffron Spices). I included a picture of the tools I used for my last shave.

I shaved at night for the first two (of the last three) shaves and in the morning for the last shave. Each time, I showered with cold water and also used cold water to soak my Van der Hagen Night Star badger brush. I also soaked an almond sized sliver of soap in my Captain's Choice Seaworthy bowl before each shave (I dumped the soapy water into an empty cup and applied a little of the soapy water to my face before each lather pass).

I cannot speak highly enough of Captain's Choice Venture shave soap. It provided excellent slickness and even better cushion. I was able to get two-pass (WTG and ATG with spot buffing) BBS shaves with practically no feedback from the alum for all three shaves. (This after feeling the blade scrape when I paired the Venture with Arko.) The alcohol in the splashes still provided that refreshing sting (so I know my face hasn't become desensitized). Of course, the balms also helped to nourish my face afterward.

I am now firmly a believer that the quality of a soap can make a difference in a shave. Captain's Choice is phenomenal! I had fully expected the blade to bite the dust a couple shaves ago. If I continue using Captain's Choice for the rest of my shaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see the blade last another four or five shaves (at least!).
I'm kinda wondering how it relates to this AAA thread... 🙄

20210830_183904-01.jpeg
SOTD #219/2021
31-08-2021

>> All Aventus August <<

Preshave: shower, cold tap water.
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura
Soap: Razorock Emperor
Straight Razor: Fatip Retro Nichelato Open Comb
Blade: Vintage Polsilver Stainless (6)
After shave: cool tap water, Razorock Emperor AS.
Perfume: Creed Aventus (sample)

AAA-day 31 - final shave!

Today is the last day of All Aventus August. It's been a great month for me. But all good things come to an end....

So I used the Emperor set on my early morning shave (4:30am o_O, due to a business trip), I stirred up a thick and smooth lather and let the vintage Polsilver and Fatip Retro combo work like it was on cruise control (given the day time, I still was half asleep, to be honest). 2 passes, DFS. No nicks, fortunately. 😜

I finished the shave with Creed Aventus. Overall, a very, very nice shave - despite the time of day.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone for your reviews, thoughts and SOTD pictures. I do hope you enjoyed All Aventus August as I did!

Happy shaves!

To busy yesterday to post last night's shave. Possibly the last of th AAA event but, not positive yet as I'm feeling the slightest of stubble along the burns this morning. We'll see later this evening. If it is my last, nothing better than Ethos Succes to close it out. It was a nice ride just using the Aventus type scented products and gave me a better appreciation of how lucky we wet shavers are to have artisans produce some truly magnificent products. Not a single dud during this brief run. Thanks to the OP for starting this event up... :thumbup1:

Great day and shaves to all...

Karve E/Feather/Knothead 26mm/Ethos Succes soap, splash & eau de parfum

5D1437BA-1.jpg

Last edited:
Today's shave...
RR Hawk V3 SB
Dorco BB20 SE
Fine Platinum
Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo

SWS_20210829.jpg

Thanks for putting this together @JAHE. While I haven't been able to enjoy the scents as much as other participants, I have thoroughly enjoyed the thread. And I've learned that I'm totally okay with a soap that has lost its scent (or one I just can't pick up) as long as the performance is still acceptable. I have purchased a lot of soap that I still need to use and I'm sure in the next few years I will come across others that have lost some (if not most) of their scent. There are several members who use unscented products and seem to be quite satisfied with their shaves; I now find myself in that camp and the scent is now just a bonus for me. It's been a great month with a fine (no pun intended) product that would have been ignored for at least another year. Be well and stay safe...

View attachment 1320070SOTD #219/2021
31-08-2021

>> All Aventus August <<

Preshave: shower, cold tap water.
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura
Soap: Razorock Emperor
Straight Razor: Fatip Retro Nichelato Open Comb
Blade: Vintage Polsilver Stainless (6)
After shave: cool tap water, Razorock Emperor AS.
Perfume: Creed Aventus (sample)

AAA-day 31 - final shave!

Today is the last day of All Aventus August. It's been a great month for me. But all good things come to an end....

So I used the Emperor set on my early morning shave (4:30am o_O, due to a business trip), I stirred up a thick and smooth lather and let the vintage Polsilver and Fatip Retro combo work like it was on cruise control (given the day time, I still was half asleep, to be honest). 2 passes, DFS. No nicks, fortunately. 😜

I finished the shave with Creed Aventus. Overall, a very, very nice shave - despite the time of day.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone for your reviews, thoughts and SOTD pictures. I do hope you enjoyed All Aventus August as I did!

Happy shaves!

Thanks for organizing this! It was fun to geek out about Aventus and everything else with people who are actually into the hobby a bit (my girlfriend is all like “yeah yeah smelly water whatever…” ahhaha )

We gotta find another theme for sometime in the upcoming months!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210831_222043.jpg

Final shave of AAA. Just fancied an SV Opuntia shave tonight, I've been working on a number of my 3017 soaps for a while and it is nice to get a shave of this quality with my favourite razor, soap and brush. Despite it being the 11th shave with my first ever 7 O'clock green blade it is still giving fairly decent shaves. It is a better, smoother blade than the yellow for me and I still think I can get a few more shaves out of it.
Overall an excellent 3 pass shave with an extra pass on the neck to get a BBS.
Thanks to @JAHE for organising it (and for those excellent as ever photos) would have posted more if I had more time and did not have such a long 3017 list.

9th Shave of All Aventus August

Razor:
Timeless .68 Titanium Open Comb
Blade: Lord Silver Star Super Stainless Steel (3)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Neptune Hurricane” with 26mm Thäter 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Soap: Declaration Grooming Sellout (sample)
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Pineapple Bay Rum Aftershave / Cologne (sample)

Final shave of All Aventus August and it was a fantastic one. Sellout performed excellent as usual and smelled good. As I had no more Aventus aftershave sample and didn’t feel like using an unscented, I paired PAA Pineapple Bay Rum with it, the sweet and spicy of the aftershave worked well I think.

Thanks @JAHE for organizing this 👍 I had 3 soap samples of different Aventus soaps and one aftershave sample that I had been meaning to try and hadn’t gotten around to it so this was a great opportunity to try them and it felt good to finish off 4 samples.

Top Bottom