What's new

Aliexpress mega sale on June 27th - shaving gears included of course

Aliexpress is annuncing a mega sale for next June 27th.

I checked the stores of shaving products as QSHAVE, Missraybeautyproducts (resseller of Yaqi), YAQI and DSCOSMETIC you can add the products you want to the basket and already see what will be the promotional price.

Just hope they don't do the dirty trick of increasing shipping costs to compensate for the "discounts".

Last edited:
I added to my basket Yaqi stainless steel razor heads (Yaqi Tile and Yaqi Telstar), stainless steel handles and synthetic fiber brushes (I want a small 22mm). Maybe will get some of their new after shave splashes. Their artisan soaps are very good.

DSCosmetics razors and stainless steel handles are also great.

Maybe does not worth so much for those who lives in USA or Canada, but as I live in Brazil the cost of buying from Aliexpress is better than buying from USA / Canada because of shipping cost.

Last edited:
Just a theoretical thought to consider before spending too much time and money in Aliexpress knockoffs.

It is one thing to resurrect and re-design something where the patent has been dormant and unused/unprotected for a long time. That is known as public domain, the innovative ideas have been utilized by the creator, and it is considered "fair use" for an enterprising innovator to re-use the design.

It is quite a different scenario when a current manufacturer has borne the significant cost of research, development, prototype, market research and product testing to innovate and introduce a new concept/design. Another word for copying current design from the rightful owner/manufacturer is "theft." The fact that international enforcement of intellectual property violation is expensive/inconvenient/ineffectual in no way diminishes the theft. The original designer is harmed with every purchase.

Just a theoretical thought to consider before spending too much time and money in Aliexpress knockoffs.

It is one thing to resurrect and re-design something where the patent has been dormant and unused/unprotected for a long time. That is known as public domain, the innovative ideas have been utilized by the creator, and it is considered "fair use" for an enterprising innovator to re-use the design.

It is quite a different scenario when a current manufacturer has borne the significant cost of research, development, prototype, market research and product testing to innovate and introduce a new concept/design. Another word for copying current design from the rightful owner/manufacturer is "theft." The fact that international enforcement of intellectual property violation is expensive/inconvenient/ineffectual in no way diminishes the theft. The original designer is harmed with every purchase.
Well said. As much as I like getting bargains, I won’t be getting items from the AliExpress sale unless they are original designs, not outright theft of the design of current products.

I got some 1-2yrs ago.....these razors were copies of expensive current razors.....all were NOT worth it, and now all have undergone modifications....so they not only copy the good razors but make the "cheap" not well finished....and then do V2, V3....I wasted money and do not use any of the 3 I got...... Synthetic brushes are good, but I buy them here in the US.....

Reactions: cf1
Alibaba is the wholesale side of Aliexpress. I used to see the stainless steel handles being sold for $1 to $2 in wholesale bulk.
I got some 1-2yrs ago.....these razors were copies of expensive current razors.....all were NOT worth it, and now all have undergone modifications....so they not only copy the good razors but make the "cheap" not well finished....and then do V2, V3....I wasted money and do not use any of the 3 I got...... Synthetic brushes are good, but I buy them here in the US.....

I have a feeling that many of the Chinese made stainless steel handles (and some razors) that were sold in wholesale bulk on Alibaba were purchased by the USA online shaving retailers and re-branded.

Alibaba is the wholesale side of Aliexpress. I used to see the stainless steel handles being sold for $1 to $2 in wholesale bulk.

I have a feeling that many of the Chinese made stainless steel handles (and some razors) that were sold in wholesale bulk on Alibaba were purchased by the USA online shaving retailers and re-branded.

I think you're more than right.

Don't forget the recent history of an "Made in North America" I don't remember if USA or Canada, razor seller that outsource its production to a supposedly local manufacturer, then "found out" that its products were actually being made in China.

Some of you may remember best this recent fact.

Top Bottom