What's new

Alexander Briar

I just received a new pipe in the mail today from Alexander Briar listed on eBay. I wanted something inexpensive but new so I thought I would try them. The pipe I ordered is a Grade C and it was $40.40 shipped to my door in the USA and about 12 days. The inside of the bowl is a cone so it should be nice with flake i hope. I ran one bowl of Dunhill Flake through it this morning and it was a bit rough at first but the second half was nicer than my Peterson 102 in comparison. I think a bit of stain inside the rim may have been the culprit. It has a couple small fills but no major flaws and it is drilled straight with a very tight fitting tenon. I actually sanded the tenon down just a hair and may some more still. Overall I think if someone is looking for an affordable entry level pipe this would be a good option. I would rather have it over a Dr Grabow from my local CVS for the same money. It also came with a nice cloth storage bag.

Attachments

• $IMG_9329.jpg
    $IMG_9329.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 80
  • $IMG_9331.jpg
    $IMG_9331.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 80
  • $IMG_9332.jpg
    $IMG_9332.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 79
  • $IMG_9333.jpg
    $IMG_9333.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 80
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390087873.932529.jpg

This poker I got is an Alexander briar. And like you said the conical shape smokes flakes great. I would recommend his pipes for people who care less about aesthetics and who are looking for a quality cheap pipe.

Yours is pretty cool. I like the grain.

I have been looking at Alexander Briar pipes for some time, just haven't pulled the trigger. Want a briar pipe for hiking and hunting. For the price they look like great work horse pipes. Did yours come with a metal condenser in it? If so, do they just pull off?

I have been looking at Alexander Briar pipes for some time, just haven't pulled the trigger. Want a briar pipe for hiking and hunting. For the price they look like great work horse pipes. Did yours come with a metal condenser in it? If so, do they just pull off?
No mine didn't have the metal condenser in it but those that do are easily pulled out. I have filled mine several times and it smokes well. I think it would be a great pipe for what you want. You may consider something with a military mount that can be easily broken down rather than accidentally broken in two.

Mine didn't have a condenser in it either. And I agree that it would make a good pipe for brining outdoors. His ebay page has some pipes that go for around 39 bucks shipped.

Top Bottom