What's new

Aldi: Prince of Shaves.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
6F4AC03C-6290-4FC0-A113-7C6F3D9FB9F5.jpeg

Started this week with Prince shaving products from Aldi. Firstly used the canned Prince Sensitive Shave Gel. This can has been in my bathroom vanity cabinet for about 4 years. I used to use this product in conjunction with Nivea Shave Gel before I found this forum and started using soaps and other creams. The gel I find to be a great gel. A little goes a long way. I placed a small squirt on my Omega brush and lathered up. Plenty of gel for a good 2 pass shave. To shave I used a Prince Maximum 2 disposable twin blade from Aldi. A good disposable I think this will be. First 2 pass shave was extremely good. After the shave I used Prince’s Sensitive Aftershave Balm. Another great product which I would certainly buy again. I think that Aldi’s Prince range of shaving products are of good quality and maybe should be tried by others to see what they think.

Aldi have some good products, my wife likes the Lacura range which is in the middle "specials" isle from time to time. A couple of months ago they had a schick DE in the specials isle along with some razor blades, I was impressed.

I own 2 of their clippers that I've been using for my haircuts, same barber for almost 3 decades, lol. I think I've paid for a haircut only when travelling.

I have tried the 5 blade Prince cartridges, not good at all... plastics don't work for me, I have thick stubble especially on my chin. And the amount of rinsing and constant tapping to clear the clogged cartridge for each little bit of my face along with the tugging and irritated skin, no thanks. The carts don't last long either.

Can't talk about prince aftershave balm, never tried it. I'll look then time I go to Aldi.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Thanks for the review.

Aldi's near me carry the Lacura razors, but they expect us to be tough I guess; there isn't a can of any sort of shaving lubricant in the store.

I'm still mad that the Aldi's near me and perhaps all quit carrying the made in Germany Pumpernickel bread.

My understanding is that it is the other way around. Aldi Nord in Europe has the same signs as Aldi in the USA. The Aldi Sud sign is very different. Aldi Sud to my understanding bought Trader Joe's.
Your probably right, my knowledge consists of nothing more than Wikipedia page I read years ago.

Well my experience is from living in both the UK and The Netherlands. Aldi Süd is the UK Aldi, whilst Aldi Nord is the Dutch Aldi. You reccomend to friends and family certain products to find they are not in stock...

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
This was the bread Aldi formerly carried. It went missing sometime in November and I haven't seen it since. Sure hope it's a supply issue and not a demand driven choice.

View attachment 1204033
Started this week with Prince shaving products from Aldi. Firstly used the canned Prince Sensitive Shave Gel. This can has been in my bathroom vanity cabinet for about 4 years. I used to use this product in conjunction with Nivea Shave Gel before I found this forum and started using soaps and other creams. The gel I find to be a great gel. A little goes a long way. I placed a small squirt on my Omega brush and lathered up. Plenty of gel for a good 2 pass shave. To shave I used a Prince Maximum 2 disposable twin blade from Aldi. A good disposable I think this will be. First 2 pass shave was extremely good. After the shave I used Prince’s Sensitive Aftershave Balm. Another great product which I would certainly buy again. I think that Aldi’s Prince range of shaving products are of good quality and maybe should be tried by others to see what they think.
I have that razor, but blue not green. Personna is producing them from both lidl and kaufland and just changes colour.

edit: I like your scent choice.

Top Bottom