What's new

Alcohol

i think i use low percentage ...in the 20’s ...eep if i used the 40’s stuff it would probably give a sharp sting 😂

Yea i noticed it being a bit cloudy...once its finished maybe ill try a higher proof with some witch hazel? Would that ease the sting a little?

This is super interesting. Do you remember where you heard this??
The original source is an interview with him, here:

The original source is an interview with him, here:

Not exactly. The source being requested for is for the following claim:

There are pics in this forum from Mr Miquel, founder of Myrsol, who had great skin at age 94. He reportedly used only his Emulsion to shave and Plastic Shave splash as aftershave.

There are three claims above. One is that there a pictures of Mr. Miquel on this forum -- I have not been able to find such pictures on the B&B forum;

The second claim is that Mr. Miquel used Emulsion to shave -- the interview linked to by @Jan Sobieski confirms this.

Regarding the third claim -- that Mr. Miquel used "Plastic Shave splash as aftershave" @macintoshBR provided the following blog:

While that blog does claim that Mr. Miquel used Plastic as an aftershave, the blog does not provide the source for that claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly. The source being requested for is for the following claim:

There are three claims above. One is that there a pictures of Mr. Miquel on this forum -- I have not been able to find such pictures on the B&B forum;

The second claim is that Mr. Miquel used Emulsion to shave -- the interview linked to by @Jan Sobieski confirms this.

Regarding the third claim -- that Mr. Miquel used "Plastic Shave splash as aftershave" @macintoshBR provided the following blog:

While that blog does claim that Mr. Miquel used Plastic as an aftershave, the blog does not provide the source for that claim.

Sir, may I remind you that this forum is about shaving and having fun, not for deep investigation or putting other members on the spotlight. The blog poster is from Barcelona and a big fan and advocate of the brand. He knew Mr Miquel personally, why can't you simply believe what he said?

The post on B&B has been removed for some reason, but here is the link: https://www.badgerandblade.com/foru...r-miquel-ricou-sole-founder-of-myrsol.349037/

Here is Myrsol's website and address, you may want to ask them too: Perfumería en Barcelona con Myrsol - https://www.myrsol-cosmetica.com/en/en

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea i noticed it being a bit cloudy...once its finished maybe ill try a higher proof with some witch hazel? Would that ease the sting a little?

What you need is an emulsifier. You can order polysorbate-80 online. Start with one drop for each drop of oil and adjust as needed. It will allow your oil and water to mix more completely.

Top Bottom