What's new

Alcohol Free Aftershave - Brick and Mortar stores in Canada?

Can any of my fellow Canadians recommend some alcohol free aftershaves that can be found in stores in Canada?

I've been getting some irritation lately and I believe it's related to my post shave routine. I've stopped using alum and I've removed alcohol splashes from my shave routine to see if it helps. This morning I had a great shave. I used a bit of Lucky Tiger and Nivea balm after my shave and have no irritation.

I'd like to find some alternatives in stores for alcohol free aftershaves. Does anyone have anything they can recommend that’s readily available (Walmart, Shoppers)?

Thanks guys!
imcndn

Last edited:
I use Shoppers witch hazel first then put on Nivea Balm for Sensitive Skin a few minutes later. Pretty sure it doesn't have alcohol in it.

Thanks guys!

I'll have to look at Shoppers again for the witch hazel. I've never been able to find it.

One of these times when I'm in Toronto I'll have to swing by Men's Essentials.

Last night I dug through the stuff I have in storage (out of rotation). I found some Gillette Sensitive Skin after shave gel I had from when I was using carts. I used to use it regularily so I thought I'd try it this morning.

I'm sure it's not the "best" product available but the scent, although light, is clean and modern and my face feels great. No irritation at all!

I'm going to stick with this type of after shave for a good week or more before I try an alcohol AS again. I have a couple alcohol based after shaves I hope to be able to use at least periodically (clubman).

If anyone has any recommedations for this type of AS I would appreciate it. I've been looking through the walmart website and there are more than a few non-alcohol AS balms/gels (Neutrogena, Dove, L'Oreal...).

Thanks,
imcndn

$gillette_series_SS_gel.jpg

I also have this Gillette A/S Gel and use it from time to time. Doesn't require a lot of product and is quite effective.

Can any of my fellow Canadians recommend some alcohol free aftershaves that can be found in stores in Canada?

I've been getting some irritation lately and I believe it's related to my post shave routine. I've stopped using alum and I've removed alcohol splashes from my shave routine to see if it helps. This morning I had a great shave. I used a bit of Lucky Tiger and Nivea balm after my shave and have no irritation.

I'd like to find some alternatives in stores for alcohol free aftershaves. Does anyone have anything they can recommend that’s readily available (Walmart, Shoppers)?

Thanks guys!
imcndn

Health food stores often carry Thayers witch hazel. Hoopers on Queen Street in Toronto, and Lakeshore Road in Port Credit carries all the Thayers scents.

Top Bottom