What's new

Alas. Not this year

All dressed up and nowhere to go. Deer season is over in a couple weeks and with the onset of the Christmas holidays, the local deer population has drawn a bye. Sad too because the Brownings were/are set and ready to go. Cost of an out of state license be damned. Next year the hunt is on in north Georgia. A friend bought 80 acres here which is ate up with deer (as is about everywhere in the Copper Basin this year). Hopefully by then some .30-30 may be available. 🤞
4EA4A8F4-22A5-43DB-B733-2D5C6DF8E7C7.jpeg

My oldest son has gone through this season without taking a deer. It happens. I don't usually deer hunt because I prefer small game hunting, but he took the lack of success hard this year. He had a couple of very successful years recently. However, this is why we call it hunting and not finding.

I really wanted to hunt this year myself. I came back from deployment in September 2020. That fall/winter was a blur coming back home to my family so I skipped hunting in 2020 thinking I had 2021. Well now I have my first grandbaby and my son is all wrapped up in a 7 month old. My oldest daughter kind of flaked out on wanting to hunt with me, and time just kind of got away from me. I´m really anxious to harvest a deer with my flintlock. I´m also pretty anxious to make my Southern mountain rifle and hunt with that. That is a goal for next year. I guess we will see...

OP I can relate. I really wanted to go but it isn´t happening this year.

Top Bottom