What's new

Airplane Enthusiasts!!

Great Pics! A little jealous, I just got off of the phone with some friends that just arrived in Sturgis a couple minutes ago on bikes...some of the monuments reminded me of stuff they will be visiting. They left on Saturday from SF and believe took the same route.

Isn't it something to see The Devils Tower and Mt. Rushmore from the air like that!! I think I would give up my motorcycle for an airplane in a heartbeat.....lol :biggrin:

Im actually getting my pilot license now.
Hopefully in couple of years I'll be working for one of the major airlines:w00t:
I was just wondering which route your brother took to become a pilot.
Some pilot schools are too expensive, the cheap ones seem to take forever to obtaining licenses.:confused:

4 years of flight college in North Dakota...with a minor in business and 7 1/2 years in the USAF, he flew troups in and out of the gulf war.. 12 hours flying and 12 hours sleeping in the back of the plane.

He told me the airlines are taking all military guys if they hire at all anymore, their experience is unparalleled.

Mama Bear said:
4 years of flight college in North Dakota...with a minor in business and 7 1/2 years in the USAF, he flew troups in and out of the gulf war.. 12 hours flying and 12 hours sleeping in the back of the plane.

He told me the airlines are taking all military guys if they hire at all anymore, their experience is unparalleled.

:o10: God has given me a lot in life that I am greatful of.
such as discovering wetshaving.
One thing he forgot is a good eye sight.
-5.0 both eyes.
I was going to go into the air force to become a pilot but they denied me.
I wish I had the chance...
learn to fly for free, serve the military.
Now I got my college loans + pilot school loans. yikes

Yes, but you have an education..... and you can FLY!!!!!! :biggrin:

Hang in there baby! You have a lot of life ahead of you and something tells me it is going to be good!!! :001_smile

Bear Hugs,

Sue (Mama Bear)

Mama Bear said:
Yes, but you have an education..... and you can FLY!!!!!! :biggrin:

Hang in there baby! You have a lot of life ahead of you and something tells me it is going to be good!!! :001_smile

Bear Hugs,

Sue (Mama Bear)
Thank you for the boost of confidence!:001_rolle

I am a helicopter crewman, and your pictures remind me of the part I love about my job.
Flying (low) you get to see things most folks never get to see, and my cheap cameras have shot photos that many experienced photographers would no doubt pale for the chance to have seen.
Not sure how I'm going to get my "fix" when I get out.
John P.

Once I flew (my brother in the pilot seat letting me fly) through 2 layers of clouds as the sun set. It felt like we were in our own private universe... padded with cotton and amazing colors... the feeling I had was never reproduced in my life and the picture is in my head only... but forever. It is one of the most amazing moments of my life that I shared only with my two brothers... (it was a 4 seater)

Then we headed out to Lake Michigan to find air pockets.. my youngest brother threw up all over the place.... that was a pretty good memory too.......lol :w00t:

Awesome post Sue,

Do you know what kind of a camera was used to shot these , these are absolute razor sharp without the digital harsness you usually see ,a very warm analog texture. id be curious to know what $$$$ Camera shot those or perhaps a very talented photographer?

My first dream of what do you want to be when you grow up..was an Airline Pilot. I actually went to the admission tests too they have for recruting pilots
Scored good on some stuff but basically I wasnt mature enough to really be focused for the math questions ! :eek:

My classmate got to round 2 then he also got the no thanks letter.
He then went on to study construction building engineering and after he got his degree applied again for the airline piloting and yes got in this time. and in 4 Years he got his license. I bumped into him once and asked is it so hard, he said not really its just a little under university level its all focused knowledge but I think thats with all jobs of a certain level , applied science and it will work.

SSLStudio said:
Awesome post Sue,

Do you know what kind of a camera was used to shot these , these are absolute razor sharp without the digital harsness you usually see ,a very warm analog texture. id be curious to know what $$$$ Camera shot those or perhaps a very talented photographer?

My first dream of what do you want to be when you grow up..was an Airline Pilot. I actually went to the admission tests too they have for recruting pilots
Scored good on some stuff but basically I wasnt mature enough to really be focused for the math questions ! :eek:

My classmate got to round 2 then he also got the no thanks letter.
He then went on to study construction building engineering and after he got his degree applied again for the airline piloting and yes got in this time. and in 4 Years he got his license. I bumped into him once and asked is it so hard, he said not really its just a little under university level its all focused knowledge but I think thats with all jobs of a certain level , applied science and it will work.

I actually wanted to be a lawyer..... but then again, my youngest brother is now a high powered lawyer in St. Louis.... I figure you have to throw up all over the back of a 4 seater to get there.....lol

I also really, really wanted to be some sort of an animal doctor. I was torn between oceanography and mountain wildlife.. I still am I guess. The last time I was out west about 200 Elk held the road for 20 minutes... it was Awesome... this is another perfect photograph only in my head...

I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up. I am hoping and praying that retirement will offer some options to me that I didn't have when I was driving a desk and making lots of money up untill this past year.

I don't know what he was using... he is a retired T Dub pilot. On the other hand, my Sony Mavica 500 is the best digital I have yet to see... I have had it 3 years and nothing else out there seems quite as nice. It has a lithium battery that I only have to charge once a month or so..... AND it uses floppy disks that cost about $2 each, store 100-150 pics on each disk and the disks go straight into my computers CD ROM.... AND it offers every possible option I could ever ask for... video and audio included.!

Bear Hugs,

Sue

Great Photos. I went to flight school in the Army and flew UH-1's in the late 60's during the great debacle called the Vietnam war. I didn't have much time to take pictures but have quite a few that I can recall with my mind's eye. Folks, there's nothing to compare to the terror of flying. It cured me of ever wanting to fly again and never did but I value the life changing experience. That said, I have quite a few friends, ex-miltary aviators, Army, Air Force and Navy that retired after varied flying careers and wouldn't have done anything else.

Top Bottom