What's new

Air travel

Toothpick’s post reminded me that I am flying in 3 weeks and had planned on only having a carry-on. But now I wonder if I’m allowed to take 1) lighter or Zippo. 2) pipe nail or some form of tamper, or can use golf tee. If anyone knows what travel restrictions are for pipe smokers any help would be welcome.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can take a lighter with you on your person. As long as your tamper isn't one of those that looks like a pocket knife you can probably get through with that as well. Golf tee is a safe bet, though.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
And I believe the lighter has to be a soft flame lighter. Last time I checked TSA wouldn’t allow torch lighters (not that you’d use one of those for a pipe anyway though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Bring a couple Flint Stones, (like Fred and Barney) and or a couple sticks to rub together. And MAYBE a bribe for the self important TSA staff....

Now ya got me started! The jerks stole a money clip that was a gift from my Dad. I know, they are heroes, I may have used that nail file for something nefarious.

Probably my own fault, now that I think of it! I DID yell out "High Jack!" when I saw my Unkle John in the line ahead of me.

Top Bottom