What's new

Air Compressor Find

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I scored this air compressor from a local furniture shop. It's from the 70s and is built like a tank. They said it came out of a local oral surgeons office.

I'm guessing he used it for his air tools. The guy was in business as long as I can remember and passed away a few years ago. Whats funny is my dad had teeth removed there and this could have aided in that process.

As far as the compressor goes, it's a made in the USA Coplematic from what I can see. Made by Gehlen. I was planning on using it to pump up tires on bikes and vehicles but not sure if it can do that. Also, I'm not sure what I should check on it or what I would need other than a hose and an inflator nozzle to get it rolling. Time to go read! 20210715_205111.jpg20210715_205215.jpg20210715_205221.jpg20210715_205225.jpg20210715_205227.jpg20210715_205236.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Cool, you should be able to use it for something around the house. I have no idea as I am no tradesman or anything of the like. Good find.

KeenDogg

Cool, you should be able to use it for something around the house. I have no idea as I am no tradesman or anything of the like. Good find.
Thanks. Hope so. It's old-school and I like nostalgia.

It looks similar to a small, older model workshop compressor. Around 3/4 Horsepower reciprocating pump, maybe a 5 gallon tank. With use in a dental office, the air must be filtered and dried since patients will breathe the air. You could probably use this for pumping up tires, blowing off the workbench and other garage tasks. Fairly limited max pressure, like 100 psi. It could be used with some small air tools, but would not have enough flow rate for some larger air tools or for spray painting.

Oiled compressors last a very long time. The compressor oil should be changed out, depending on how many hours it is used. Probably a good idea to change the oil since you don't know how old it is. Watch out for corrosion in the tank. You might want a 25-50 foot rubber air hose and an accessory kit with 1/4" NPT brass (not cheap aluminum) air couplings.

KeenDogg

It looks similar to a small, older model workshop compressor. Around 3/4 Horsepower reciprocating pump, maybe a 5 gallon tank. With use in a dental office, the air must be filtered and dried since patients will breathe the air. You could probably use this for pumping up tires, blowing off the workbench and other garage tasks. Fairly limited max pressure, like 100 psi. It could be used with some small air tools, but would not have enough flow rate for some larger air tools or for spray painting.

Oiled compressors last a very long time. The compressor oil should be changed out, depending on how many hours it is used. Probably a good idea to change the oil since you don't know how old it is. Watch out for corrosion in the tank. You might want a 25-50 foot rubber air hose and an accessory kit with 1/4" NPT brass (not cheap aluminum) air couplings.
Thanks very much. Just what I hoped.

Top Bottom