What's new

Ah, what did I just buy by accident?

It's a single-ring Old Type, made in 1910 if I'm reading the serial number correctly. That would be good price if it weren't for the shipping. It's still an ok deal if it's as nice as the pictures.

I hope you like it.

Shouldn't window shop with the wallet open I guess. $15.00 shipping options is normal, not going to use that $28 option thats way too much. It's actually silver (plate)?

That's a very nice Single Ring and case you just bought from one of our outstanding members. There is no question about the description. The Old Type Single Ring is a wonderful shaver that may take a little bit to get used to but once you do you will be rewarded with great shaves. I think it is a very good price even with the over seas shipping cost. Congrats.

Len

That's a very nice Single Ring and case you just bought from one of our outstanding members. There is no question about the description. The Old Type Single Ring is a wonderful shaver that may take a little bit to get used to but once you do you will be rewarded with great shaves. I think it is a very good price even with the over seas shipping cost. Congrats.

Len

+1

a beautiful razor (Len is right on the money, always & in all ways) - and a great shaver... from a reputable and honorable seller.

Enjoy!

+1

a beautiful razor (Len is right on the money, always & in all ways) - and a great shaver... from a reputable and honorable seller.

Enjoy!

Thanks, Jon. :blushing:

I saw this auction as I was bidding on another razor from the same seller. (Lost). But whenever I see a nice Single Ring I'm always tempted to bid on it. But I have some beauties already and now always resist no matter how good the deal. Like you I'm now looking for the rare and the minty ones. Good luck on your next buy.

Len

Thanks, Jon. :blushing:

I saw this auction as I was bidding on another razor from the same seller. (Lost). But whenever I see a nice Single Ring I'm always tempted to bid on it. But I have some beauties already and now always resist no matter how good the deal. Like you I'm now looking for the rare and the minty ones. Good luck on your next buy.

Len

I'm in pretty much the same boat - I'm always tempted by a nice Single Ring. Mine is pretty beat up (lots of worn plating) - but it came to me all dirty and unremarked in a big lot I bought a couple of years ago. This razor was my introduction to open combs & really old razors (and my first real clean-up project, too) - and it is a sentimental fave.

I'm devoted to shavers, not show-pieces (although I've come out second to Len in a couple of auctions for some real beauties!) - but that is a really nice single ring. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

If it makes you feel any better, plenty of other people here have probably been in the position you were, hoping for somebody to outbid them in the final seconds. I know I've been there.

No idea really how the case affects the total value of these, but the opinion of others seems to be that you got a good price, even if you had second thoughts about whether you really want it. If so, then you ought to be able to sell it in turn. Or maybe when you see it you'll be glad you bought it. I have a single ring from the same year, and I like it a lot, but it came without a case. Also a very beat up 1908 model, which is still a usable shaver.

Last edited:
A beautiful silver plated Single Ring at quite a good price. Great razor.

Someone else would know better than I, but I believe these were triple plated.

Ok thanks everyone, I was just worried as I was expecting to see it go for more money and when it didn't thought maybe it was not right somehow, I'm sure it'll be a good one.
Thanks.

Been posted today, got an extra postage refund on the cheaper rate, so pretty good on the postage as it turns out. Thanks whomever the B&B member is.
Now the waiting begins.

It's not a HUGE amount, and you may really like it.
With ebay some deals are screamers, some are merely ok.

Top Bottom