What's new

Ah, the joy of small business

Someone needs to come up out of the basement apartment at their parent's home, take their monthly shower and get a real hobby. Better yet, get a job like the rest of us and move beyond middle school pranks.

A mock Instagram account was created that, at a glance, looks like ours. But look closely at the word, "Choice." It has two letter "i's" in it. Now they have notified and linked to ours that, "You have been selected as a winner." So we get to explain over and over that, actually you did not win - you were duped. This ends up disappointing our followers which is their goal, I imagine.

A sad way to go through life, choosing to disrupt a small business. Instagram has been notified but these things take 24 hours or so. Our understanding is it does happen from time to time unfortunately. Meanwhile I file this under the moniker, "No such thing as bad publicity."

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 4.31.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 4.32.08 PM.png

Probably more like a scam & spam farm overseas than a looser in their mom’s basement. They want data they can sell and scam money from people. Sucks the only recourse is reporting them and hoping it gets taken down.

Yes to all of that. Our social media company assured me it is almost certainly someone overseas. The thing is, it is not as if there is a lot of free time to deal with this kind of disruption. The day is pretty well scheduled as it is and then this bothersome thing comes up.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Someone needs to come up out of the basement apartment at their parent's home, take their monthly shower and get a real hobby. Better yet, get a job like the rest of us and move beyond middle school pranks.

A mock Instagram account was created that, at a glance, looks like ours. But look closely at the word, "Choice." It has two letter "i's" in it. Now they have notified and linked to ours that, "You have been selected as a winner." So we get to explain over and over that, actually you did not win - you were duped. This ends up disappointing our followers which is their goal, I imagine.

A sad way to go through life, choosing to disrupt a small business. Instagram has been notified but these things take 24 hours or so. Our understanding is it does happen from time to time unfortunately. Meanwhile I file this under the moniker, "No such thing as bad publicity."

View attachment 1473401

View attachment 1473402

What this actually is, its whats known as, a phishing scam. They are all over Youtube, in the comment section, as well as Instagrams comments sections, telling people that they won. They love to specifically target video's discussing giveaways, because they hope that they can fool you, into thinking you won a giveaway, so you can give them all your information.

Kennsurfs is one of the 3 Youtube channels that I watch on wet shaving, he recently was doing a giveaway, and the whole comments section was being hit, by these BOTS, lying to people, telling people they won a giveaway. What truly amazes me, is how this is still a problem after all these years! I thought the whole point of using AI with quantum computing, was to be able to defeat phishing scams like this, and shut them all down?

Its the same way how I am constantly amazed, how after all these years, we still get telephone scams from India and Nigeria, trying to get our social security information, or other info. Its like, hello, where is the qauntum powered AI to go after all these people and shut them all down, arrest them, whatever needs done to stop it? Crickets!

Sorry your company is dealing with this Scott, you know I am always there for you buddy, wish there was something I could do to help, but alas, I am out of ideas. I think the only thing you can do, is what you already have, just report them.

Can I be the first to congratulate you Captain? I mean, you are successful enough to warrant a scam, right? Bummer it costs you your time but more importantly……..the fact that the masses didn’t buy more Land Ho soap is the real travesty. That is a fantastic scent. So happy your Bay Rum found its way here, excellent performance for me and a killer scent. Thanks for the sample pack, and your copper shave bowl…..and two more ceramic bowls…..and……

Can I be the first to congratulate you Captain? I mean, you are successful enough to warrant a scam, right? Bummer it costs you your time but more importantly……..the fact that the masses didn’t buy more Land Ho soap is the real travesty. That is a fantastic scent. So happy your Bay Rum found its way here, excellent performance for me and a killer scent. Thanks for the sample pack, and your copper shave bowl…..and two more ceramic bowls…..and……
True on so many counts!

I absolutely agree that Land Ho was a fantastic scent and lament that it's now out of production. 😢

Top Bottom