What's new

Ah ha ! The Vision Adjustment is highly adjustable !!!

So, after posting a bit ago, I went back and started playing with the razor and noticed that the screw in the bottom of the handle when you take the razor apart can be adjusted up or down, which then adjusts how much blade is exposed as a starting point, which can then be adjust more with the collar !!!

Ha !

That is probably a bit of my problem as I had taken the razor apart to see how it worked and had removed that screw to see if it allowed for more cleaning of the razor. When I replaced it, I must not have adjusted it properly, which led to a very great amount of blade exposure, when then led to a really bad shave !

Just like the Germans to engineer something to be much more adjustable and adaptable than you would ever first think !

I am very much looking forward to my second shave tomorrow !!!!

R.

...you can dial that thing down to zero. Nothing. Nada.

Let me know if my description above is not clear.

I am actually excited to see how a new model is "set" as new in box. I bought one for a friend for a birthday present and will have to look at it after he opens it.

full

Here is the adjuster screw in the bottom of the handle. Back it out a bit, and the razor exposes less blade at the lowest collar setting. Screw in a bit, and it exposes more at the lowest collar setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
You get to that adjuster screw by removing the bottom of the handle and the rod that runs through the middle of the razor.

You can see the rod with the trap doors on them and the tip that clips on the bottom of the rod in the background of the photo

Looks like I posted the photo in someone else's folder. How do I get it out of there and set up a folder for myself in the gallery? :confused:

Sorry Austin for using your folder !

roughrider said:
The gallery doesn't allow you to post in other members folders. You're picture is posted under your name.
Odd, it is in Austin's images. You are assuming that Austin set the permissions so that others can not use his image folders when he set them up.:confused1

Super90 said:
Looks like I posted the photo in someone else's folder. How do I get it out of there and set up a folder for myself in the gallery? :confused:

Sorry Austin for using your folder !
Problem solved.

-Nick

i just dialed mine down last night and this morning was such a gi-normus improvement over many bloody shaves before...

I always thought it was poor technique, but i never had a problem with any other razor in my life....

I am sure each day will get better...

one small adjustment per man, one giant leap for shavekind !!!!

mark the shoeshine boy

Super90 said:
So, after posting a bit ago, I went back and started playing with the razor and noticed that the screw in the bottom of the handle when you take the razor apart can be adjusted up or down, which then adjusts how much blade is exposed as a starting point, which can then be adjust more with the collar !!!

Ha !

That is probably a bit of my problem as I had taken the razor apart to see how it worked and had removed that screw to see if it allowed for more cleaning of the razor. When I replaced it, I must not have adjusted it properly, which led to a very great amount of blade exposure, when then led to a really bad shave !

Just like the Germans to engineer something to be much more adjustable and adaptable than you would ever first think !

R.
Excellent Tip!!!

Will this adjustment refered to change the postion of the knob in its reference to V-I-S-I-O-N? In other words, say it does not start out on the N for the closest setting, can it be adjusted so that it will?

Bud

I haven't tried to figure that part out yet. You'll have to play with is some to find out.

In spite of all this adjustablitily, I still can't shave with this razor. It just doesn't work for me. More news on that in the other post.

Super90 said:

Ha !

R.
True. My experience is that the Vision has a wider range than any other razor. It goes lower as well as higher in exposure.

We all do these kinds of things. My first shave with a GEM razor was awful, unbearable. I had to stop. Whe I came back to it I noticed that the blade was seated on top of the little nubs instead of behind them. After I made the change the shave was great.

I hope you have a better experience now.

Even after all the adjustments, I am currently incapable of using this razor. I must need to learn a lot more, but right now, the Vision and I are taking a time out.

I'm interested to see how the Futur compares and if I can make it work, especially since there are folks that say the Futur is more agressive than the Vision.

The quest continues....

Super90 said:
I'm interested to see how the Futur compares and if I can make it work, especially since there are folks that say the Futur is more agressive than the Vision.
You need to be clear about this. Aggresiveness is not the same thing as harshness. Aggressive just means that the razor cuts a lot. Harshness is the opposite of smoothness.

The Vision can be a lot mor aggressive than the Futur, but the Futur is harsh. Amazingly, when you combine the Futur with Feather blades, it loses its harshness.

Top Bottom