What's new

Agua Brava

I think it's high time this aftershave got a thread of it's own! I recently posted about it in another thread, and @1Cal asked me to describe the scent. After I did so, I thought it really needed to be in the spotlight.

The scent was created in 1968, and is currently produced by Puig. It is available as an after shave and a cologne.

Top Notes
Sage, Lavender, Lemon, Bergamot, Juniper

Heart Notes
Laurel Leaf, Pine, Carnation

Base notes
Moss, Sandalwood, Musk, Patchouli, Vetiver, Leather

If I had to pick out the notes that I think I'm detecting the most it would be Sage, Pine, & Moss, and after that maybe the Patchouli and Vetiver.

I describe it as:
Warm, outdoorsy, and rugged. Mildly herbal, woody and earthy. Smells old fashioned, rustic and masculine. It does not smell like it was concocted in a lab or a perfume house. It smells like someone who lives in the mountains went out and collected some of natures bounty and made an aftershave.

I received a sample of it last year in the aftershave pass box, and loved it. I got a bottle of it for Christmas last year and the more I use it, the more I love it. I realized that this is what I have always been looking for in a scent! I like earthy tones in my clothes and I like earthy notes in my nose.

I still find it very difficult to use any aftershave for more than a few days in a row. I just like variety too much. But if I was going to choose one aftershave to be my signature scent, this would be it!

Who else loves Agua Brava? Has anyone tried the vintage stuff? How does it differ from what is available now?
agua brava.jpg

I love this stuff , but my bottle is about 8 years old.....Hope the current stuff is not as bad as what they did to the Acqua di Selva, a legendary splash that now smells like RAID Roach Killer...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think it's high time this aftershave got a thread of it's own! I recently posted about it in another thread, and @1Cal asked me to describe the scent. After I did so, I thought it really needed to be in the spotlight.

The scent was created in 1968, and is currently produced by Puig. It is available as an after shave and a cologne.

Top Notes
Sage, Lavender, Lemon, Bergamot, Juniper

Heart Notes
Laurel Leaf, Pine, Carnation

Base notes
Moss, Sandalwood, Musk, Patchouli, Vetiver, Leather

If I had to pick out the notes that I think I'm detecting the most it would be Sage, Pine, & Moss, and after that maybe the Patchouli and Vetiver.

I describe it as:
Warm, outdoorsy, and rugged. Mildly herbal, woody and earthy. Smells old fashioned, rustic and masculine. It does not smell like it was concocted in a lab or a perfume house. It smells like someone who lives in the mountains went out and collected some of natures bounty and made an aftershave.

I received a sample of it last year in the aftershave pass box, and loved it. I got a bottle of it for Christmas last year and the more I use it, the more I love it. I realized that this is what I have always been looking for in a scent! I like earthy tones in my clothes and I like earthy notes in my nose.

I still find it very difficult to use any aftershave for more than a few days in a row. I just like variety too much. But if I was going to choose one aftershave to be my signature scent, this would be it!

Who else loves Agua Brava? Has anyone tried the vintage stuff? How does it differ from what is available now?View attachment 826836
Are you sure you don't work for Puig, lol? Because you have sure sold ME on this juice! Have never tried it, but it is now at the top of the list of scents I most want! Excellent review, of a scent that has entirely flown under my radar, thanks.

GREAT REVIEW! You are creating a 'need' for another AS (and I already have a lifetime supply)!

Thanks for the review, KJ. Looked, but couldn't find ingredients online. Does it have glycerin?

Looks like the hydrogenated castor oil is performing the glycerin function.
I think some products use polyethylene glycol for this job as well. The "PEG-40" notation has something to do with polyethylene glycol.

I like Agua Brava, but I only ever use it if I'm going out at night.
It reminds me a bit of Pino Silvestre, but with a heavier scent

One of my favorites! I agree, the main notes are sage, pine, and oakmoss. The initial blast is quite strong, but after a few minutes I find it to have just the right amount of projection. Lasts all day, too.

Top Bottom