What's new

Agressive DE razor question

I recently acquired a Muhle R41 twist and absolutely love it. I also have a Timeless .95OC, ATT with H plate, and a newly acquired Gillette Slim adjustable that is pretty aggressive on setting 9.

My question is, what is the most aggressive "quality manufactured" DE razor that would compare to the R41?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'd say you already own it but others may say the open comb Schöne which is a modified Fatip. I haven't tried one yet but I know my R41 is a beast. Have you used a Gillette New Improved?

There are some gnarly old Eastern bloc razors that are aggressive but don't really fall into the "quality built" category. :surrender:

I heard the same thing regarding the Charcoal Goods level 3 head which will be on my list. I also have a Mergress with bronze knob that I love using on the higher settings.

I hear the Charcoal Goods level 3 is up there in aggressiveness.
So True Mark.. The Charcoal Goods Level 3 OC makes my R41 look like a ***** cat! I call it " The Beast " and it is the most efficient razor in my den.. The only razors that I haven't put it up against is the Ikon Tech and The Grande Fat Tip but they better be a lot more efficient than the R41 to hang with " The Beast " !!
:behead: LOL

Most to least aggressive (IMO): Parker 3 piece w/guards removed, 2011 Muhle R41, Rockwell 6s w/#6 plate. Too many to list after that.

I have an Ikon Tech on the way as a loaner from another member. I will probably jump on a Charcoal Goods level 3 the next time Brian offers them for sale.

I have an Ikon Tech on the way as a loaner from another member. I will probably jump on a Charcoal Goods level 3 the next time Brian offers them for sale.
You won't regret getting the CG level 3 and if you can pick up a level 2 baseplate. It makes for a very comfortable shaver but is still very efficient and kind of like a NEW Deluxe if I was comparing. I think Brian is close on releasing some new items and I can't wait.

Top Bottom