What's new

Aggressive TTO, Adjustable, Non-vintage Recommendations?

Hi guys,

As the title implies, I'm looking for an aggressive TTO DE razor for coarse beards that's adjustable and isn't of the vintage flavor (not interested in restoration/paying overkill/wasting time looking for deals). The closest I've found was a few variations made by Parker, but none of them are adjustable. The 92R would be perfect otherwise. :/

I was hoping I overlooked something in my searches and someone could point some models out to me as it doesn't seem this type of DE has been produced since the Gillette variety. Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I think the Merkur Vision is an adjustable TTO.

Thanks for the reply!

Nice, didn't see that one! I'm not feeling the satin finish though as I would much perfer a gnarled grip in case of slippage, anything along those lines? Also, that behemoth looks a bit cumbersome to use.

Thanks again.

I am by no means an expert, but I did use the Vision once and did not find the grip to be an issue in the least. Merkur engineers some pretty good razors, so it might be worth researching a little more. Would hate to see you miss out on a great shave.

All the best!

Rick

I own a Vision and it is one of the most aggressive razors in my rotation, which includes a Futur, 37C, and R41. I switch between the Futur and Vision every couple of weeks, and the first day I use the Vision, I have to remind myself that I'm not using the Futur.

+EDIT+ With respect to the grip, I rub my fingers with alum and have never had an issue.

I am by no means an expert, but I did use the Vision once and did not find the grip to be an issue in the least. Merkur engineers some pretty good razors, so it might be worth researching a little more. Would hate to see you miss out on a great shave.

All the best!

Rick

Hah, thanks! That's actually what I was just up to, looking up reviews etc. No doubt, it's one hell of a tool!

Still, I was hoping there was more variety with regard to this DE design type. Guess we'll have to see if others can recommend some unknown brands.

Top Bottom