What's new

Aggressive Razor Suggestions

I'll be another one jumping in to say "Yaqi Knight Helmet". That's the one I remind myself I'm using before applying it to the face. More caution required than anything (including straight or shavette) in my current circulation.

It's a masterpiece of evil. It's a great close shave and I have at least one soft spot for it. But it knows...

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'll be another one jumping in to say "Yaqi Knight Helmet". That's the one I remind myself I'm using before applying it to the face. More caution required than anything (including straight or shavette) in my current circulation.

It's a masterpiece of evil. It's a great close shave and I have at least one soft spot for it. But it knows...
It is a challenging sort of rewarding shave with the Knights helmet if everything goes right with no irritation usually & no weepers. The amazing thing with a aggressive razors you seldom get irritation but more blemish weepers sheared off possibly and occasional nick with my limited experiences using them.

Last edited:
I can't believe it took so many posts before somebody finally came up with the correct answer: the Yaqi Knight Helmet.

You can't call yourself an aggressive DE junkie if you don't have one.

Also great for peeling potatoes, so lt's a win-win.

Dirt cheap, too. I think I paid $8 for mine. For the love of all that is holy, buy one at your earliest convenience and then come back here and tell us about your experience.

I also like aggressive and efficient safety razors, BBS shaves, and post-shave facestubartion. The Yaqi Helmet razor is very aggressive, but it's not efficient. I do not recommend it. My favorite aggressive safety razors are (in that order); Charcoal Goods Lvl3 Gen2 (important: Gen2, not Gen3), iKon Tek (Tech), Greencult GC1.0, Greencult GC2.0 base plate IV, Rex Ambassador. The Merkur Futur is a nice razor, but it's certainly in a lower tier. Some nice mid-aggressive razors are: Blackland Dart, Blackland Blackbird, Tatara Masamune Nodachi, Yaqi Telstar. The Dart is the most aggressive of them. It's an outstanding safety razor.

Its interesting that the Blackland Dart is thought of as aggressive. I just had my first go with one and had a great shave in two passes. Not once did ever feel that it would bite me. For that matter there was no blade feel that I could discern.

I guess the two passes must be aggressive as far as that goes. The Dart feels much safer on my face than the Blackbird, that thing feels like it will bite at the slightest chance.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've found myself tending to enjoy shaves with a more aggressive Razor. The "marble" skin post shave feel is hard to beat. I've enjoyed all the ones I've tried so far, just wondering if I'm missing out on any others. So far I have and use in rotation the WR2 1.55, lupo .95 oc, Stirling HA, iKon Tek, R41 SS, Ti Blackbird, Timeless Ti .95, along with some other mid aggression for autopilot. Any recommendations for an aggressive Razor that's worth a try?
An old Gillette Old Type is a nice one.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If you're ready for the big time, get a Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - aka the "razor blade on a stick".

20210620_175132.jpg
20210620_174733~2.jpg
20210620_174545~2.jpg

20220603_154121~2.jpg

Always nice to see the meticulous precise Italian engineering on this one, right @ivan_101 :c1:
My first Fatip was a Piccolo that was with a Roedter head by mistake. Indeed a blade on stick. But I learned to shave with it without problems. And after some 5-6 years I realised it is not an MKI but a Roedter. :c1:
That is when I bought two MKI Fatips and they are my preferred version.

The Lord OC can't be compared to those razors. It is milder than the 2013 R41. The latest R41 is milder than the Lord though.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
That exposure is set out there to grab.

Always nice to see the meticulous precise Italian engineering on this one, right @ivan_101 :c1:

My first Fatip was a Piccolo that was with a Roedter head by mistake. Indeed a blade on stick. But I learned to shave with it without problems. And after some 5-6 years I realised it is not an MKI but a Roedter. :c1:
That is when I bought two MKI Fatips and they are my preferred version.

The Lord OC can't be compared to those razors. It is milder than the 2013 R41. The latest R41 is milder than the Lord though.
Did six consecutive shaves with my Roedter:

Thread 'BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin' BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/bosc-warriors-vs-the-scheermes-roedter-1909-titan-let-the-battle-begin.609465/

The Roedter is a very interesting razor. ;)

If we're going down the rabbit hole to the, here's the insane choices, then that would probably be a fairly recent frankenrazor I tried. A #162 Goodwill top cap on the Yaqi Harlequin bottom plate.

full

My suggestion (as recommended by others on your thread:
Yaqi Slant aggressive
Merkur Futur on it's highest number setting for maximum aggressiveness
I had the Yaqi and it really gave a nice shave but it was scary if you weren't paying attention. I sold it!
The Futur was interesting because it was aggressive even on the #1 setting. On it's top setting it was
too much for me! And I like aggressive razors!

Top Bottom