What's new

Aggressive Razor Suggestions

The original Green Cult and the plate 4? Green Cult 2.0 come to my mind.

The Greencult 2.0 with plate IV is
rather a mid aggressive razor only imo...

@MaukaMan
We seem to share a similar preference, razor-wise.

I'd like to suggest theTimeless Bronze.78 OC. She definitely is in the ballpark of the razors listed (way more blade feel and efficiency than the Timeless .95 you have) and imho, she's eye candy...

20221230_131745-01-01.jpeg

If money is not your primary objection Wolfman WR2 heads nowadays are offered with a gap up to 1.85.

An overclocked Rocnel Sailor is quite mindblowing as far as shaving performance (and price 😉 ) is concerned...

I haven't used an Ikon Tech (but the other razors you have listed). Do I miss out?
Cheers!

Last edited:

@MaukaMan

I'd like to suggest theTimeless Bronze.78 OC. She definitely is in the ballpark of the razors listed (way more blade feel and efficiency than the Timeless .95 you have) and imho, she's eye candy...

View attachment 1615817

If money is not your primary objection Wolfman WR2 heads nowadays are offered with a gap up to 1.85.

An overclocked Rocnel Sailor is quite mindblowing as far as shaving performance (and price 😉 ) is concerned...

I haven't used an Ikon Tech (but the other razors you have listed). Do I miss out?
Cheers!
So they did it right with the original 0.95/0.25 which gives me excellent shaves :)
I thought about getting a 2.0 but now I’m not so sure anymore…

C0FAB43D-F303-43B0-BEE9-0EB7FE8E1807.jpeg

Rocnel 2019 is a very aggressive year

Maybe, but their adjustables from that period have those glued heads to the handles. I can't imagine how those who found out felt that their $500 + razor isn't going to last a lifetime as the company claims :D . All my hopes of ever buying a Rocnel razor died when I learned that information.

Maybe, but their adjustables from that period have those glued heads to the handles. I can't imagine how those who found out felt that their $500 + razor isn't going to last a lifetime as the company claims :D . All my hopes of ever buying a Rocnel razor died when I learned that information.
That's the way it goes, first you money then your clothes.

Most aggressive razor I’ve ever used: Dollar Tree 3-piece. With a Lord Plat———yeeeow! Costs $1.

I was in Dollad Tree a few weeks back, so I bought one. It certainly was a challenge! But I found that I could actually manage a shave with it. Very carefully!

I shaved with whatever blade I was using that week. I haven't had the courage yet to tackle the Assured for Men razor blades that came with it.

Thanks for all the great replies. Some really good suggestions by all! I was originally thinking about the timeless .78 bronze, but some reviews weren't favorable from what I saw. This thread has swayed me to try it though! Also I'm eagerly awaiting the superslant 3++. I'll also keep an eye out for a cg gen 1 lvl 3!

@MaukaMan

View attachment 1615817

Cheers!
I had no idea the WR2 went that high! I might have to get back on the list. I'm glad to hear you liked the OC bronze, just purchased one per this threads recommendations.

Also, the Tek is definitely worth a try. I got the head shipped for 30 if I remember correctly. I paired it with a timeless aluminum handle, and it's a great shaver, really nice audible feedback too.

I had no idea the WR2 went that high! I might have to get back on the list.

Your name would come up pretty quickly. I ordered a 1.65 recently, the waiting time was less than 8 weeks...
It'll be shipped in course of next week.
I'm glad to hear you liked the OC bronze, just purchased one per this threads recommendations.
It features a good dose of blade feel, I guess this is why the reviews are mixed.
It's not for everyone.

If you have your technique down (you obviously do) and as long as you apply a rather shallow to neutral angle it's a pretty shaver. If you apply a steep angle the razor feels rather scrapy.

The fit and finish is impeccable, I mean, it's a Timeless, after all.

I hope the recommendation fits your need! 👍

Also, the Tek is definitely worth a try. I got the head shipped for 30 if I remember correctly. I paired it with a timeless aluminum handle, and it's a great shaver, really nice audible feedback too.
Thanks.

Regarding the blade feel of the Tek, which of the razors listed would be the closest one?

Cheers!
Guido

Last edited:
I also enjoy a highly efficient/aggressive razor. Of all those razors I owned I consider the Stirling HA and the Timeless Bronze .78 OC the top of the heap. One I wanted to mention when it comes to efficiency without a death wish is the Blackland SS Vector SB. I have not used a razor that is as smooth and efficient as the Vector.

From what I can tell, the Parker Variant is very similar to the Merkur Progress and can be adjusted to be pretty aggressive.
Except fot the few Variant users here and on amazon who complained about QC, and a couple of blog and reddit users who claim the Variant is milder on their skin compared to the Progress. One Progress user claimed he always got cuts with the Progress, and swears by his Variant. Imitating one's design doesn't mean your razor will shave the same.

I was in Dollad Tree a few weeks back, so I bought one. It certainly was a challenge! But I found that I could actually manage a shave with it. Very carefully!

I shaved with whatever blade I was using that week. I haven't had the courage yet to tackle the Assured for Men razor blades that came with it.
Those blades are actually pretty good

I also enjoy a highly efficient/aggressive razor. Of all those razors I owned I consider the Stirling HA and the Timeless Bronze .78 OC the top of the heap.
This mirrors my experience, with the Stirling HA beeing borderline enjoyable, blade feel wise. The Timeless is easier on the skin. In fact, every DE razor I have used to date is. 😉
One I wanted to mention when it comes to efficiency without a death wish is the Blackland SS Vector SB.
Absolutely. And if you seek to amp up the blade feel a bit more, get the SS OC Bird.
I have not used a razor that is as smooth and efficient as the Vector.
And again, I have to agree 👍
Excellent mix of smoothness and efficiency with the Vector - and the nimbleness of this razor... a wet shaving delight.

Except fot the few Variant users here and on amazon who complained about QC, and a couple of blog and reddit users who claim the Variant is milder on their skin compared to the Progress. One Progress user claimed he always got cuts with the Progress, and swears by his Variant. Imitating one's design doesn't mean your razor will shave the same.
Correct, "similar" <> "same".

All good stuff mentioned so far. I like the adjustable options. You can adjust to your desires. I love the parker variant for the modern made razors but if aggressiveness is wanted all through out the settings then the Yaqi The Final Cut (TFC) would be my choice. I have the brass version. Great razor.

Also, as another addition to this ever growing list of recommendations is the PAA Ascension Twist. It's a double open comb and starts off very mild. But gets very aggressive quickly as you twist back the handle. I have the copper version.

Top Bottom