What's new

Aggression - Ranking by blade gap size

Has anyone measured variations in blade gap among razors of the same make and model? I have two Gillette Slims with the same date code (L-1). One of them measures the same on "1" (.016") as the other does on "3" (with the same brand of blades).

The latter razor also has a noticeable difference between the two sides - .016" vs. .012".

What is the difference in the gap in the old Bic Metal Razor and the New Bic Metal Razor? Is there a difference. Not made in USA anymore but can find in Greece. Once the handle was round and smooth now it has a few ridges. I would like to know if there is any difference in the gap? Dennis [email protected] Thank you.

Is there another post out there that has updated information on blade gaps? I'm looking for ones that have a minimal gap as I have sensitive skin in the neck region. I currently have a Merkur 34C, but want to branch out. Are adjustables the only way to go?

I'll be very interested to see what happens when someone measures the blade gap on a Gillette old type. Do you think that the tiny gap will rate it as a very mild razor?

I'll be very interested to see what happens when someone measures the blade gap on a Gillette old type. Do you think that the tiny gap will rate it as a very mild razor?
+1

Blade gap is pretty much meaningless, especially if we're comparing totally different head geometries.

Blade exposure OTOH ...

Is there another post out there that has updated information on blade gaps? I'm looking for ones that have a minimal gap as I have sensitive skin in the neck region. I currently have a Merkur 34C, but want to branch out. Are adjustables the only way to go?

IMHO an adjustable is probably the best way of finding the ideal blade exposure option in one purchase. The alternative of course is to try numerous fixed razors until you find one that suits you.

Other factors have to be considered however, such as weight, overall length and head geometry. An ideal degree of blade exposure may matter little if you don't like the overall handling characteristics of the razor itself.

Getting feedback from other users can help narrow down choices, but ultimately your own experience will be needed to find that "grail razor".

Top Bottom