What's new

Age Old Question. Want To Grow A Beard But Love Shaving Too Much?

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I have a beard year round now. For me i really enjoy shaving my throat/neck and lining the beard. It's VERY challenging to line a beard properly with a straight and shaving my throat/neck was always the most challenging part when i didn't have a beard.

I definitely still get my fill of shave work and have to still shave EOD in order to keep myself looking clean.

I'll 2nd Big Jay. I have a beard (thinly trimmed and well maintained) that I line up basically to the jaw line by my ears and about half-way up my cheeks. I get plenty of fun out of keeping the thing straight and am very meticulous about it. It also gives me a great incentive to use my square point more often, as that leading edge is perfect for keeping my mustache and sideburns in line with everything else. I find I have to maneuver quite a bit more with the facial hair than without it (using the heel and toe of the blade to not take off hair where I want it, often at odd angles, etc), and though I am not shaving off the mustache or chin, plenty of skill is required to keep it up to snuff.

I agree with the mustache suggestions. They are in style and the best of both worlds.

Or you could always order a Van Dyke out of a comic book ad for $3 when you're feel nostalgic lol

$fakebeard.jpg

Had a beard for the last 25+ years. Shave my neck from just below my jawline and my upper cheeks everyday. So I still get to deal with shaving issues and enjoy the DE shaving.

Ah, the eternal paradox. I enjoy shaving as much as the next B&Ber, but having Greek/Roma genetics makes it a never ending battle. Just last month I decided to join the elite ranks of The Bearded (until now, my brother and I are the only males in my family who were clean-faced). It's an evolving project, and after about two weeks I have a respectable "full beard". I keep it trimmed closely around the neck and down the jawline, to soothe my shaving jones and keep me from looking mangy. After a few weeks more of growth, I plan on turning it into the "Friendly Muttonchops" style (What Ho! Sir Hammerlock here!), then down to a handlebar mustache after about three months. Regardless of the style, I'm finding the precision of my custom shavette to be essential in getting it just right. Shaving and facial plumage; can't have one without the other!

About 3 years ago I started growing a beard during the fall/winter months. Starting every September and usually don't shave until the first week in February. I do have to maintain the stache though because I just can't handle the hairs once I hit month 3. The rest is left alone. This year I started early though. My last shave was end of June and I'm still growing strong. About a week or so away from 6 months, except the stache trims. Much like a good shave routine, growing a beard out for several months is quite the experience and I encourage every man to try it at least once in their life.

I grew my first beard this year, after taking a break from 5 years of daily shaving as per employment policies.

I had a full beard from June to October, and then started developing some irritation to my skin underneath the beard. What a drag, guess I should get out the clippers, trim, then grab the slant bar ;)

I grew my first beard this year, after taking a break from 5 years of daily shaving as per employment policies.

I had a full beard from June to October, and then started developing some irritation to my skin underneath the beard. What a drag, guess I should get out the clippers, trim, then grab the slant bar ;)

or, grab some beard oil and see if that helps with the skin and the beard itself. :)

I have a full beard and I shave everyday to make it look very neat. Neck and Cheeks, trimming the beard lines along the way.

Mustache? Why didn't I think of that sooner. I'm going to start right now :thumbup1:.

I know this is a slightly old quote but...I just loved the idea of you scurrying away and actively trying to force out a moustache on the spot.
That said, how's the moustache treating you?

Top Bottom