What's new

Age and nose hairs

Can you help me set this straight?

Do you start getting old when your nose hairs start turning white or do you start getting old when you have enough nose hairs to notice that they are turning white? :biggrin1:

A further sign of old age is hair appearing around the ears. I can run my razor down the surface of my ears every week or so and reduce my hairiness!

The other day I asked my barber when he was going to start giving me a discount since I am balding and he clearly has less work to do. His response was he was just about to raise my rate because now he has to trim ears and eyebrows as well.

My oldest son is autistic. Autistic kids seem to pick up subtle things that most around them tend to ignore. Anyway, any time I get bushy eyebrows, nose or ear hair he'll be the one to point it out. And when he does, it's not in a quiet way or in private. We can be in a room full of people and he'll tell me in an outside voice that I've got a nose or ear hair that needs trimming. Worse yet, he's not satisfied to say it once because he feels compelled to repeat that it needs trimming.

And don't forget to trim your eyebrows, people!!

I hate that overgrown, bushy look. It screams "I don't have a woman in my life to civilize me".

First of all I think you have your causal relationships all mixed up. I'm pretty sure that the hair stuff happens as a result of age, and not the other way 'round :wink2:

I've also noticed a correlation with balding, and hair showing up in places where I never particularly wanted it to grow. As if to add insult to injury. I'm pretty sure I have no less hair now than I did when I was 20. I'm just wearing it lower. :blush:

I think I'm pretty lucky. My younger brothers have hairs growing from all sorts of strange places in & around their ears, but I don't have anything like that. We've all got pretty standard eyebrows but I do, on occassion, get a wild hair that grows longer than the others but my barber takes care of those.

The best thing about a barber...they don't judge. They just clean you up and send you on your way!:thumbup:

I started balding at 19, I looked up my nostril recently while trimming and there are one may be two white hairs up there, I just turned 29. I got a feeling I am not going to age very well. I have noticed lately that in the right light the peach fuzz on my ears is getting a little thicker.

The upside is I can use two differant shave soaps/creams every day, one for face and another for head :thumbup:

When you have enough nose hairs to consider making them into a mustache. Ear hair is another issue.....

You are really getting to old... If standing before the mirror, you do not notice any "nostrils" or ear hair anymore...and IF you notice ONE, you get to shaky to catch it with the pincer.... ;o))))

Top Bottom