What's new

Aftershaves you use with Williams

Hi Everyone,

I just recently have come to really like Williams Mug Shaving Soap, and was wondering what you have been pairing with it for an aftershave? I have been using the most recent Aqua Velva Classic Blue Ice because the box of Williams tells me to do so, but what do you find works well with Williams?

Thanks!

WMS doesn't have much of a scent, so anything that stinks good to you will likely work.

Personally, I like to rinse my face with water and let it air dry; especially when it's cold.

PS: WMS is my only soap.

I use A bottle of awesomeness!

proxy.php

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Anything and everything. There is no magical chemistry reaction that takes place with Williams and any particular A/S and as others have said, Williams scent doesn't really linger, so anything from $1/gallon to $100/ounce will work well. All up to you.

As mentioned above since the scent is quite light you can use anything . However I tend to use either Spanish aqua Velva or Floid most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Williams will work with most any splash! However, my preference is something in the ‘traditional’ barbershop category: Pinaud clubman, Proraso green, Floid, Fine American blend, etc.

Anything and everything. There is no magical chemistry reaction that takes place with Williams and any particular A/S and as others have said, Williams scent doesn't really linger, so anything from $1/gallon to $100/ounce will work well. All up to you.

I'm surprised no artisans have tried making a lemon verbena aftershave. The scent of Williams is pleasant enough. It's an old-school clean scent.

When it’s really, really dry and your face is tight and rough feeling, nothing feels better than
Williams whipped up with a boar brush and followed with any A.V. product.
Perfect combo for the situation.

Back in the day I always used Old Spice Classic AS with Williams. It seemed a perfect match...and it was readily available in drugstores.

Williams has a light, sligtlly lemony soap scent so you can pair anything with it. I would use something more fresh, menthol-like with it. Proraso Green would be excellent.

Top Bottom