What's new

Aftershaves with "staying power"?

Dates to 1949, in fact! Great stuff.
Ah! Now that is interesting. I was only going off my earliest memory of it. Which was as a kid at my uncle's house, in his bathroom. Saw a bottle of it there. The adults were in the dining room, playing Risk, listening to the Yellow Brick Road album, and smoking non-tobacco related items...

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I agree that RazoRock are long lasting. Just make sure that staying power is not overpowering. I worked with a guy who was into a musk scent. He must of thought it was great and man was it long lasting. It was so overpowering to the point of being sickening.

Fine L’Orange Noir is probably my longest-lasting.

Have also tried Fine’s Italian Citrus (too lemony for me). Not as strong.

Platinum is the weakest of the Fine’s Ive tried - and its the one I like the best - wish it was stronger!

Have some Fresh Vetiver on the way. Hopefully I like that one, too.

The only Razorock I have are Santa Maria del Fiore and Acqua. They are both “medium-lasting” for me. And I really like both.

Does anyone know if there is a source for samples of the Razorock scents? They've got so many I would likely go broke trying to find one I like.

Pashana Aftershave is my go to long lasting aftershave.
1617542944967.jpeg

Another option: For the soaps you really like, use an unscented A/S and then use the matching cologne. It could cost a few more bucks, but you'll definitely get to keep smelling it longer. I think I have 5 or 6 I do that with.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can purchase something with a name like that. And I'm a foul-mouthed sumvamitch, usually. But I just can't take a product with a name like that seriously.

I'm almost the same way with PAA and their weird-*** psychedelic labeling and naming convention. Like their latest "Clown whatever" scent. I mean, how in the heck is one supposed to even guess at what something called that smells like?
it is their knock off of Boellis Panama and it is quite nice.

Stirling Green and Alighieri are insanely strong scented aftershaves. Not sure if it is just a thing with the smaller format Black Friday soaps, but they last a very long time. More like EDT than AS splash.

Stirling Green and Alighieri are insanely strong scented aftershaves. Not sure if it is just a thing with the smaller format Black Friday soaps, but they last a very long time. More like EDT than AS splash.
Do they correspond at all to the originals they imitate, if you happen to know?

Do they correspond at all to the originals they imitate, if you happen to know?
I haven’t used Fahrenheit in years but from what I remember, Alighieri seems close.

Stirling Green reminds me a lot of Polo green but it isn’t a dead ringer. I haven’t tried them side by side.

Both are excellent soaps and aftershaves though.

I haven’t used Fahrenheit in years but from what I remember, Alighieri seems close.

Stirling Green reminds me a lot of Polo green but it isn’t a dead ringer. I haven’t tried them side by side.

Both are excellent soaps and aftershaves though.
Thanks! How does Green seem to differ from the original?

Ah! Now that is interesting. I was only going off my earliest memory of it. Which was as a kid at my uncle's house, in his bathroom. Saw a bottle of it there. The adults were in the dining room, playing Risk, listening to the Yellow Brick Road album, and smoking non-tobacco related items...
I always remember my best friends dad's bottle of Hai Karate in the "guest" bathroom.......:)

Top Bottom