What's new

Aftershaves with "staying power"?

I've found that a couple of the "fruit" scents from PAA have staying power. (Rabid Banana and Immortal Peach are strong contenders)! Thinking I might give their pumpkin entry (Blue Samain) a shot.

Of my other regular splashes these are very long lasting:
Avon WC
AV Musk
Clubman Special Reserve
WSP Sandalwood

I agree with Clubman Special Reserve and Aqua Velva Musk. AV Musk's projection and longevity rival some edt's out there. Fine Platinum has some nice staying power (at least the version from a few years ago does) and Fine Santal Absolut is very long lasting. Razorock's Tuscan Oud lasts and lasts. You should also look into some of the classic fragrances that still have aftershave lotions out there like. All last for a good while. Sadly, most current designer fragrances have gone the way of aftershave balms in their gift sets.

Aramis
Halston Z-14
Joop
Paul Sebastian
Le Male

Floid. And that may not be such a good thing. The smell/fragrance is hard to describe but is somewhat a sickly sweet syrupy concoction. For me I still whiff hints of it the next day. Other folks around me must smell it and Lord knows what they are smelling? The Italian old formula seemed to have a bit more powdery finish vs. the new Spanish formula. I believe all Floid are made in Spain. A like/hate relationship. Not sure if I will get a new bottle when I finish my Suave bottle.

Of the aftershaves I use, by far Floid Vigoroso has the longest staying power. I smell that sucker all day long.

Are there any (affordable) aftershaves with a smell that lasts a good long while? I live the smell of so many different aftershaves, particularly in the Pinaud Clubman lineup, but they don't seem to last much past 30 minutes or so regarding smell.

Phoenix Accoutrements last a good while, but they are kinda expensive at roughly $25/3.7 oz, plus shipping.

Any recommendations?
If any AS lasts extraordinary long for an AS, it's Pinaud Clubman.

If you OTOH want an all-day silage and projection, well no AS is going to give you that, as AS contain 1-2% fragrance oil (base for any scent), opposed to an EDP that will contain up to 30% and that makes it expensive.

Stirling Agar. The only thing comparable in staying power is Clubman Special Reserve, already mentioned several times.

Longest staying power of any AS I've used is RazoRock Mudder Focker. Love that scent too. Bought several bottles.
I'm sorry, but I don't think I can purchase something with a name like that. And I'm a foul-mouthed sumvamitch, usually. But I just can't take a product with a name like that seriously.

I'm almost the same way with PAA and their weird-*** psychedelic labeling and naming convention. Like their latest "Clown whatever" scent. I mean, how in the heck is one supposed to even guess at what something called that smells like?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can purchase something with a name like that. And I'm a foul-mouthed sumvamitch, usually. But I just can't take a product with a name like that seriously.

Believe me, I’m right there with you. I avoided that product, for that reason, for a very long time. I’m no prude, and swear like a sailor as well. But I believe that traditional shaving products should adhere to a more gentlemanly code. I broke down and tried it based on a couple scent recommendations, and I’m so glad I did. Because it’s incredible. Now I’m more interested in the product, and how it performs that what it’s called. It’s just a name, just a word.... has no bearing on performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe me, I’m right there with you. I avoided that product, for that reason, for a very long time. I’m no prude, and swear like a sailor as well. But I believe that traditional shaving products should adhere to a more gentlemanly code. I broke down and tried it based on a couple scent recommendations, and I’m so glad I did. Because it’s incredible. Now I’m more interested in the product, and how it performs that what it’s called. It’s just a name, just a word.... has no bearing on performance.

So, what does it smell like? 😊

So, what does it smell like? [emoji4]

Well, it’s hard to describe. It smells a certain way for about 3o minutes, then after the initial dry down it changes and smells a Vera it way for the next couple hours, then it changes again, and lasts. It is somewhat cologney, but coming from a guy who hates cologney scents.... I love it. I keep smelling until the next morning, which it why I posted here.

Here is my initial impressions:

But my love of this scent really didn’t evolve until a day or two later.... and I may have Ed a video or two about it, this is just the first one I came across.

The Polish Wars have a great staying power on my skin, maybe 4-5 hours.
Razorock Puros, the soap and AS together lasts at least 7 hours.
Tabac soap and AS togehter will last almost 24 hours on my skin, at least my wife complains after 24 hours (she hates Tabac)

English Leather. Which dates back to at least the early 1980s or late 1970s. That stuff has staying power. Hours of it.
download (2).jpeg

Top Bottom