What's new

Aftershaves with "staying power"?

Are there any (affordable) aftershaves with a smell that lasts a good long while? I live the smell of so many different aftershaves, particularly in the Pinaud Clubman lineup, but they don't seem to last much past 30 minutes or so regarding smell.

Phoenix Accoutrements last a good while, but they are kinda expensive at roughly $25/3.7 oz, plus shipping.

Any recommendations?

I've always thought that the Dr Jon's AS's have good staying power. Some of the Fine splashes do too, although I think those are definitely pricey considering there's no skincare goodies in there.

Most of the longer lasting ones I have are from Razorock:
  • Tuscan Oud (homage to Tom Ford Tuscan Leather)
  • Santa Maria del Fiore (homage to Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Tuscano)
  • American Barber (homage to YSL Rive Gauche)
  • Son of Zeus (homage to Hermes Terre d'Hermes)
These all have an above-average amount of fragance oils in them. RR have many other aftershaves I haven't tried.

Stirling Barbershop and Stirling Nag Champa linger for a good long while.

Even the Barbershop balm seems to leave a lasting scent.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
These all have an above-average amount of fragance oils in them. RR have many other aftershaves I haven't tried.
I'll second this post. Many Razorock after shaves are potent and long lasting. And the price is right. Compare their American Barber with Fine's American Blend. Personally I think the RR smells better than the Fine, so it's a double win.

For me, long-lasting AS's are these.
keep in mind, body chemistry is different for everyone!

long lasting.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Brut.

The vintage Avon Leather has better legs, and a whole lot better smell (to me) than the current production of English Leather.

Vintage "Oland" by Avon is really good too.

Vintage Avon "Blend 7" is my favorite, and it really lasts.

This is solid advice. I’m wearing some rr American barber right now. Gorgeous and strong.

extro don donato splashes are even more scent heavy if you can track some down. Not as cheap as Razorock though.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
WSP splashes are pretty strong. Barrister and Mann stuff has some decent legs also. I have Seville and Bay Rum and using them in the morning they'll usually take me to quitting time. Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny and Flowers in the Dark last a while also.

Oh...and...Ogallala Bay Rum aftershaves will take you to the end of the day...especially the Double Strength varieties.

Anything from Phoenix Artisan Accountments will have some serious staying power. I also agree about Razor Rock, the three that I have had American Barbershop King Louis Lavender and What The Puck Blue and Amici all hung around a few hours or so. Big fan of Razor Rock aftershaves.

Top Bottom