What's new

Aftershaves with scents that don't linger?

So I love ending my shave with an aftershave splash. Particularly one that engulfs me in a wonderful scent. I have many PAA aftershaves but the problem is that I find many or most of them pretty strong - I think this is by design - but for me it means I can't use these scents when I'm going to be working in my office or meeting people because I don't want them to smell my aftershave. I love using these aftershaves when I'm going to be hanging around the house.

Does anyone have recommendations for aftershaves that give off a great fragrance initially but then the fragrance dissipates? I'd love to use these on days when I work in an office or meet people. Some aftershaves I've found that fit this description are Captain's Choice Lime, North, and Bay Rum as well as some of the EO scented Stirling Aftershaves such as Gin and Tonic and Tea Tree.

Any other great aftershaves I can use which won't have me wondering if people in my office can all smell my aftershave?

aqua velva may 31 2013.jpg

I prefer aftershaves that don't linger too long, and Proraso Green is my first choice. I also like Captain's Choice Nor'easter.

I’ll chime in with Proraso green as well. I also find that William’s AV (spanish version) goes on strong, but fades by the time I’ve made it to work. (20 mins or so.)

almost all of them? Most aftershaves are designed to disinfect the face and provide some moisturising and/or healing and calming properties. They are scented but not with top of the line fragrance. I haven't used any aftershave which has really either projected its scent or lingered for longer than 20min before disappearing completely. I wouldn't buy an aftershave with a strong fragrance, they aren't good enough (usually) to replace an actual edp or edt.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Noble Otter Barrbarr despite being pleasant on the nose does not seem to linger. Despite being initially impressed with Noble Otter after many shaves with Barrbarr I have changed my opinion and now rate it as an average soap. One man’s opinion.
08AC887F-3531-4930-8E15-E210CE94C2D5.jpeg

For me the main culprits are CC's North ( :sad: bummer because I LOVE the soap), Tabac, Skin Bracer, Clubman's Whiskey Woods, Gents Gin and Lime Sec which is odd because Citrus Musk lasts most of the day for me along with Brandy Spice.

I find that most current artisan splashes have good legs for me, but of course YMMV.

+3 on Speick or Speick Active. That product seems focused on helping your skin recover, with scent as a distant afterthought. It's very lightly scented. For me, gone in 10 minutes or less.

Top Bottom