What's new

Aftershaves with Identical Scents

I used Barbasol Brisk for the first time today, and i was somewhat disappointed at how similar it is to Mennen Skin Bracer. I was expecting something different and new in my aftershave collection but it's like now i have two skin bracers ( or two brisks :) ). I got the bottle off Amazon, so i guess there's no chance of fraudulent packaging ( or atleast i hope ).

Any other aftershaves out there with identical scents? If yes, would you like to keep both in your den or no?

There are many clone versions of Old Spice, Brut etc. Barbasol, Vi-Jon, and another company are well known for these products.

Fine Santal Absolut is very close the Art of Shavings Sandalwood cream and aftershave balm to my nose. Almost like they reproduced the scent is a splash.

Fine Santal Absolut is very close the Art of Shavings Sandalwood cream and aftershave balm to my nose. Almost like they reproduced the scent is a splash.

Fine's Santal Absolut is also very close to the dry down of Dana's Monsieur Musk. Original Clubman and Canoe are also very close in scent.

I used Barbasol Brisk for the first time today, and i was somewhat disappointed at how similar it is to Mennen Skin Bracer. I was expecting something different and new in my aftershave collection but it's like now i have two skin bracers ( or two brisks :) ). I got the bottle off Amazon, so i guess there's no chance of fraudulent packaging ( or atleast i hope ).

Any other aftershaves out there with identical scents? If yes, would you like to keep both in your den or no?

not really surprised that Brisk tries to copy Skin Bracer. Look at the copy-cat packaging and label.
dead give-away.

copy cat.jpg

Blue Cross Labs or Phoenix Labs. I can only assume they no longer exist...
Actually Blue Cross Labs still does exist. A lot of products Dollar Tree carries such as Oil Of Life body wash, Some of the epsom salts, and a coconut cream are all made by Blue Cross Labs. Now here comes the bad news Dollar Tree either being cheap or dumb has not carried Blue Cross Labs after shaves in a long, long, time. I first got into dollar store after shaves in early 2019 but by then Dollar Tree only had their own brand which smell horrendous and are made in China.

I started to visit private owned dollar stores and that's where I saw the Men's Choice line up and Macho and Regatta, I instantly fell in love. I contacted Blue Cross Labs last year and they told me that they still manufacture all of their after shaves except Regatta and Macho because both were discontinued. But they only manufacture if orders are placed so that means Dollar Tree isn't carrying the after shaves because they just don't want to. Yet they carry other things from Blue Cross Labs.

Blue Cross Labs also told me who was their main wholesaler buyer in the S. Fl area that supplies to these dollar stores. I contacted the wholesaler and they told me that they will not order those after shaves again that all they have left were 20 cases of the Men's Choice Spice left, And once that ran out no more and they did not state a reason why either after I asked them.

It seems like the Brisk/Arctic Blue scent is what sold the most and not Spice. Blue Cross Labs told me that they haven't manufactured the Spice scent since Jan/2018 that pretty much says it all as the last batches read a 2018 lot code and the Brisk/Arctice Blue from what I think were lastly manufactured in July 2019. Kind of strange that in the entire United States it seems like S. FL is the only buyer for these items after Dollar Tree stopped carrying them many years ago.

And lastly there is a local wholesaler that sells to the public I visited in January of this year. They had some left over Regatta's from 2017 and Men's Choice Spice from 2017 as well. I saw an ad that they had from 2017 on their Facebook page and they sold all of them the Brisk, Arctic Blue, Spice, Regatta and Macho back in the day for dirt cheap too like 3 for .79 cents each. I contacted that particular wholesaler and they told me not only did they carried the aftershaves but also the body lotions and body washes from Blue Cross Labs but that they won't order anything from them anymore because it did not workout for them in other words it did not sell well... Perhaps someday Dollar Tree may carry them once more. The same way Family Dollar can carry Vijon Spice and Dollar General can carry Barbasol Brisk. Until then Skin Bracer/Aqua Velva will do for the name brands.

Top Bottom