What's new

Aftershaves that you’ve fallen out of love with

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Brut. I overdosed on it years ago and I still cannot use it to this day. My stepson gave me some years ago as a present. I think he was having a lend of me. I think it is still upstairs in his old bedroom. I put it up there when he left home.
I can relate. Being teen in the 80's Brut was the smell of the locker room after a football game. Deodorant spray for everyone and aftershave for the guys with girlfriends. I avoid it even today. I've been tempted a couple of times but I took the cap off one in the store and... NOPE, you're staying here.

Skin bracer.

I used it practically exclusively for like half the bottle, but then moved on. Every time I revisit it I’m like, hey great it feels good but what is that smell even supposed to be.

It may be nostalgic in the future but for now the poor bottle is neglected.

Haha I remember when I bought it the guy at the store was surprised it was for me and not my dad.

Floid Vigoroso is the aftershave I no longer use. I got tired of the scent.....a bit too strong for me. Love the menthol hit though.

I seem to be repulsed by my old spice aftershave ( and cologne ) off late. Both seem to be last on my preference for scents recently. Not sure about the reason, but I’m guessing because i have a bigger collection to choose from now. I plan on keeping them since I might force myself to use them, but it might not be anytime soon.

It’s weird because i used to love old spice back in the day.

Any scents that you loved but can’t stand anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hate OS but I really don't care for it as much as when I was younger. Fortunately, it doesn't last too long so it's not necessarily overbearing. However, it has alot going on at once, and I think the trend now days is towards simpler scents.

Completely agree. It really is way too strong (for me). I like getting it dabbed on my neck at the barber shop, but really he only uses a tiny bit on the shave line. Smearing it on my face after I shave is just too much.

I like Aqua Velva, but I also water that down a bit too to get it down to Williams strength.

Clubman at the barbershop might have been Coachman, which is watered down. Clubman is more of a cologne strength. A good aftershave should not have alot of silage or longevity.

Skin bracer.

I used it practically exclusively for like half the bottle, but then moved on. Every time I revisit it I’m like, hey great it feels good but what is that smell even supposed to be.

It may be nostalgic in the future but for now the poor bottle is neglected.

Haha I remember when I bought it the guy at the store was surprised it was for me and not my dad.

Skin Brace is a green fougere. I really notice the witch hazel topnote when I've tried it now days. It's the same stuff in Lilac Vegetal. At one time this was considered "bracing", supposed to be evocative of a ferned forest, a French Belle Epoche conceptualization of nature. Some have compared the smell to cabbage, and I think that's closer to the truth. The green, witch hazel note only really integrates on the drydown.

Skin Brace is a green fougere. I really notice the witch hazel topnote when I've tried it now days. It's the same stuff in Lilac Vegetal. At one time this was considered "bracing", supposed to be evocative of a ferned forest, a French Belle Epoche conceptualization of nature. Some have compared the smell to cabbage, and I think that's closer to the truth. The green, witch hazel note only really integrates on the drydown.
Haha that's awesome, thank you for typing that out. I did notice that I'm not really a fougere guy. Haven't tried too many though.

I do like Lilac Vegetal however.

Top Bottom