What's new

Aftershave suggestions that are not just alcohol & fragrance?

I'm looking for splash and maybe milk suggestions (not balms/lotions) that have ingredients good for your skin (as opposed to just alcohol and fragrance). It's OK if alcohol is included, but it just shouldn't be the only ingredient along with fragrance.

I know of these:
  1. Proraso Green (alcohol & witch hazel)
  2. Speick splash (alcohol & witch hazel)
  3. Lucky Tiger (witch hazel, Aloe vera, calendula, & chamomile)
  4. B & M Splash (alcohol & witch hazel & Aloe)
  5. Thayers (witch hazel & aloe)
  6. Captains Choice (alcohol & witch hazel)
What else is out there that I should consider trying?

You should checkout ETHOS splash it is the bees knees. Ive had good luck with Oleos skin food splash as well. Hope this helps. For what its worth i almost exclusively uses Speick these days. I have no ragrets, thats my credo ya know what I'm sayin??!! Lol

La Toja leaves a nice face feel. Very reasonably priced if you shop around, also. The scent is strong at first but it does not last very long.

1668187242446.png

You can add drops of Tea Tree oil to the Thayer's also - or get the Stirling Witch Hazel & Tea tree.
Another option is Cerave moisturising lotion.

I'm looking for splash and maybe milk suggestions (not balms/lotions) that have ingredients good for your skin (as opposed to just alcohol and fragrance). It's OK if alcohol is included, but it just shouldn't be the only ingredient along with fragrance.

I know of these:
  1. Proraso Green (alcohol & witch hazel)
  2. Speick splash (alcohol & witch hazel)
  3. Lucky Tiger (witch hazel, Aloe vera, calendula, & chamomile)
  4. B & M Splash (alcohol & witch hazel & Aloe)
  5. Thayers (witch hazel & aloe)
  6. Captains Choice (alcohol & witch hazel)
What else is out there that I should consider For a change I use Humphreys witch hazel organic toner with lavender and then aloe vera,works great great for skin

Sometimes I just use Humphreys organic toner with lavender and then smooth some aloe vera on face neck and head ,I shave head. The combo is soothing as can be and Very skin healther

If you are not into lotions/balms/creams/unicorn tears and so on I would just go with a regular skin toner. I am a firm believer that what is marketed as an ”aftershave” is just a toner ”for men”. God forbid men should feel ”girly” or otherwise after shaving.

Just ranting and exaggerating. Any toner should do the job. Most toners that are marketed for ladies (usually, and depending on brand and so on) contain alot of skin food. Hyaluronic acid, panthenol and so on. Usually no alcohol. Toners are used in a multi-step skin care routine, just before a mousturizer.

I would also highly recommend A&E post shave serum. It contains everything but the kitchen sink skinfood wise. Absorbs fast and doesnt leave the skin oily or greasy. Geo.F Trumpers skin food is a gel like pre and aftershave containing alot of glycerin. Sinks in fast but is not overly hydrating.

If you want something more moisturizing but in the ”milk” category, try D.R. Harris after shaving milk. Very little goes a long way. Contains (not limited to) lanolin. Very soothing.

Good luck.

Top Bottom