What's new

Aftershave or balm that has Witch Hazel and a lot of Menthol or Eucalyptus?

If anybody wants Prorasso Green for a good price, If you’ve never ordered from Bullgoose before you can get the 400 ml bottle for $25 plus a $10 discount. Pretty good bargain.

Make your own. It's cheap and easy, and you can tune the mixture to suit your preferences.

You'll need Everclear, Witch Hazel, Menthol Crystals, Eucalyptus Oil, and any other additions you like (e.g. glycerol, vitamin E, etc...). Lots of recipes available online and on B&B if you search around.

Or get yourself a cheap essential oil sampler on Amazon, and roll your own.

I mix Everclear:Witch Hazel at about 4:1, and then add in smaller amounts of the other ingredients as desired. I like a menthol kick, so I usually add that in at about 1-2% by weight.

Not a big fan of balm, ...

I find balms to be much better than lotion. Balm is essentially lotion without the extra water. The various creams are in the middle between balm and lotion in terms of water content and being thinner.

Balms also generally don't leave stuff behind unlike lotions so, they absorb fast and don't leave my face shiny or oily.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Keep in mind that you don't need to have everything in one bottle unless you just want to. Splash on some witch hazel before cleaning up. After cleaning up, splash on something else (I like a 50/50 mix of Osage Rub and Lucky Tiger).

If you want everything in one bottle, Stirling Eucalyptus Mint is the way to go. The bottle isn't cheap, but it lasts a good, long while. Shipping is fine. Add menthol if you like for an extra 50-75 cents (depending on how much you want).

Top Bottom