What's new

Aftershave Oil

I’ve recently made the switch to aftershave oil and am really happy with it. I’ve tried a lot of balms and splashes which have always left me flat. Nivea sensitive being the best of the bunch.

This oil is actually much better. It soaks in quickly and leaves your skin supple. It’s not greasy or tacky at all. I apply one drop to a wet face after the cold rinse and rub it in. After 30 seconds I just pay dry my face. It works great. The oil is actually intended as a beard oil but the ingredients are also excellent for skin care.

Does anyone else use a post shave oil?

8F50B882-139F-4BB6-95F8-6CE8F3374DEE.jpeg
6A67CAC2-CE9B-4306-BB5E-7AAB32E833E9.jpeg

Sometimes, yes. There are some aftershave balms that are oil based or at least have a fair bit of oil in them. The best way to use them is to rub in a tiny amount, like the size of a pencil eraser, to the wet face.

I'll also use a couple of drops of jojoba oil rubbed into a wet face when the weather is cold. Works well, as long as you don't apply too much.

i headshave,and i use a beard oil post shave.massage it in and it also helps me find any stragglers left behind lol usually behind my ears.I've found using a beard oil i can carefully whisk the hairs I've missed without lathering back up😉....works a treat!!haha i thought i was the only 1 who did this

I do, a homemade blend originally started out as a preshave but I prefer it as a post shave and beard oil (when I have one).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I used to use Percy Nobleman beard oil a few years back when I had a beard (pre-wet shaving). It is a high quality product.
I still have some and I am tempted to try but I will stick to after-shave balm for now. I will say that my best post-shave is
usually more a result of the soap or cream I am using than post-shave. I used some Penhaligon's BB cream yesterday and the
post shave feeling was ridiculously good.

I use a bit of straight argan oil. It calms down any irritation and it keeps my chin from breaking out. Sometimes in the winter I use a grapeseed oil that I infused with myrrh. But it's too heavy for summer.

Both also help condition my mustache. But argan has really done wonders for my skin.

I use a bit of straight argan oil. It calms down any irritation and it keeps my chin from breaking out. Sometimes in the winter I use a grapeseed oil that I infused with myrrh. But it's too heavy for summer.

Both also help condition my mustache. But argan has really done wonders for my skin.
any argan oil brand in particular you use?

Top Bottom