What's new

Aftershave of the Year

I actually discovered this one a year or two back from a sample, but one of my favorites this year has been Myrsol Agua de Limon. Love this stuff, wish it was longer lasting! :w00t:

I fell in love with Gillette Sun Up from the 60s after I was given a sample, and from various sources by year's end I had probably purchased a couple liters of the stuff in 4 or 7.5 oz bottles, as well as a couple of 6.75 oz bottles of Sun Up cologne. I understand that one of the Barrister & Mann splashes of 2016 is an attempt to recreate Sun Up, but even on ebay Sun Up is cheaper, ounce for ounce.

For 2016 found me a nos vintage combo of Old Spice Burly Cologne and A/S splash. Only made for 3 years from 1967-69. Earthy, musky, and leathery scent with a hint of the original Old Spice DNA. For me, Manliness at its finest....

3 for me -
B&M Cool (excellent every day splash, love it)
Myrsol Antesol (barber shop/cooling menthol vibe - great for hot days)
DRH Sandalwood (rich, spicy - winter splash)

For 2016 found me a nos vintage combo of Old Spice Burly Cologne and A/S splash. Only made for 3 years from 1967-69. Earthy, musky, and leathery scent with a hint of the original Old Spice DNA. For me, Manliness at its finest....

I love Burley! Probably my favourite splash period. Unfortunately whenever it comes up on eBay I can't get any as it can't be shipped from the U.S. to Australia.
I did manage to find a small bottle which I use VERY sparingly....

What does puros smell like?

Heaven? I want to compare it to Cavendish because its well known and a starting point... think Maduro cigar wrapper instead of pipe for the tobacco note and more rich than sweet.
At 6.99 for the soap and 9.99 for the aftershave you really can't go wrong.

From the bottle:
"The scent of premium cured cigar leaf"
From the website:
"The core notes to this scent are tobacco, musk, leather, vanilla, tonka bean and a little hay in the background. If you are a fan of musky tobacco scents, I think you'll love this one."

Agua Brava! I received a sample of it in the aftershave pass box. It' nearly a perfect scent for me. I got a bottle of it for Christmas and I just love it. I like earthy tones in my clothes and I like earthy notes in my nose (see what I did there?)

Top Bottom