What's new

Aftershave of the Year

I discovered two new splashes this year - Speick and Pitralon. Both are fantastic. I am more of a balm guy in the winter, and haven't used a splash in a few months, but reading this thread is making me want to use my splashes again!

I picked up some Speick for Spiketember and I couldn't believe how great my face felt after using it. Way beyond my expectations.

I picked up some Speick for Spiketember and I couldn't believe how great my face felt after using it. Way beyond my expectations.
Speick is awesome! But for 2016, my winner is Stirling...simple ingredients, and amazing face feel. Also beyond my expectations. (Fragrance is Tuscany)

I just started getting into wet shaving in 2016, but I have found several ASes that I love:

AV Ice Blue
Pinaud Clubman
Figaro Monsieur Gold
Florida Water

I think the Figaro Monsieur Gold has to be the MVP of 2016 for me. It is fabulous and really affordable at $25 for 400ml from Italian Barber.

For me it was finding Myrsol. Aqua Balsamica is my favorite. I also like Formula K, Antesol, and Metisol. These are good quality products that don't linger for very long. You get a whiff a while later, but not much. Strong scents that linger give me a headache in about half an hour. I envy you guys that can splash on some good-smelling, old school aftershave. Great thread by the way.

I have over 100 aftershave splashes, but one stands out. I acquired a big ol' jug of it last month, and tonight decided to make a backup bottle my final purchase of 2016. As I'm signed up for the 2017 restraint, I intend to make this my last shaving purchase for over a year... I certainly acquired some great AS bottles this year, e.g., Pashana, PAA The Beach, and Barrister's Reserve Cool and Spice, to name but a few, but this one is special.

The stuff is touted as a bay rum, but it's unlike any of the other bay rums I've used, including several from Ogalalla, Captain's Choice and PAA. To my nose, it has a very pleasant vanilla scent, and tremendous face feel. Amazing stuff.

What is it? Derby City Chop Shop Winter Reserve, in the 7.5oz bottle that looks very similar to the bottle of Maker's Mark in my liquor cabinet.

What's your favorite aftershave discovery of 2016?
I'm not a bayrum scent type of guy but this sounds intriguing

The AV Sport (green) has to be the AS of the year ... A Christmastime struggle to score, but such a great complement to the Stirling Ozark for a piny holiday shave.

AA

I'd have to agree... that is until I tried a sample of Fine Italian Citrus recently. Unfortunately it hasn't been produced in a while and can be hard to get.

I'd take it over L'Orange Noir any day for citrus and that's saying quite a bit.

Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe was a game changer for me this year. The scent really opens up after applying.

Top Bottom