What's new

Aftershave for Night Shaving

Did you use up all the menthol crystals I sent you in the PIF last summer?
I got mine from Amazon. Fairly inexpensive.

I also shave at night mostly and a lighter scented AS is preferred. The Barbasol splashes work pretty well and are cheap. Pacific Rush can sometimes be found at Big Lots for $1. Brisk is at a couple of the Dollar Stores - Family Dollar and Dollar General usually.

I also enjoy the Aqua Velva you picked up.

Enjoy!
Oh man, I totally forgot about the crystals you sent! I need to ask my wife about those. She wasn't sure what they were and put them somewhere.

I'll have have to run by Big Lots and see what they have.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Ok all, I went to store today and picked up some Aqua Velva for 3.99!

Now, WHAT is that smell? Its trying to tickle a memory...I've smelled it before, but can't place where. I can't remember if my dad used it either. Something about it though.....I do like it!
Here is what basenotes breaks it down to.
  1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
To me it's just pure awesomeness! :thumbsup:

Must say that I am with the majority here. To me it sounds like you are describing either Skin Bracer or Aqua Velva.

I almost always shave at night, but the time of day doesn't make any difference to me as far as my choice of AS goes.
My favourite AS so far is Mennen Skin Bracer. SWMBO likes it too, so no conflict there. Runners-up are Old Spice Classic and Brut, and I generally rotate between those three.
The biggest problem I have with Aqua Velva Ice Blue is that it smells exactly like Aqua Velva Ice Blue. :whistling: Ain't no way to get around that.

I almost always shave at night, but the time of day doesn't make any difference to me as far as my choice of AS goes.
My favourite AS so far is Mennen Skin Bracer. SWMBO likes it too, so no conflict there. Runners-up are Old Spice Classic and Brut, and I generally rotate between those three.
The biggest problem I have with Aqua Velva Ice Blue is that it smells exactly like Aqua Velva Ice Blue. :whistling: Ain't no way to get around that.
[emoji38]

I like Pinaud Clubman because when I shower in the morning, its scent returns for a while.
My wife didn't care for the scent so I PIF'd my PIF to my BroInLaw....I "might" try to sneak one past her one of these days, hehe.

Not meeting your request to keep it local, but still worthy of consideration: Speick. I shave at night about 50% of the time, and Speick is my favorite night time AS splash. It's very soothing, and the pleasant scent is fairly tame and what is there fades in a short period of time.
+1 for Speick. So far, is the best night time AS...

So, I tried the Aqua Velva, and though I like the scent, it doesn't have enough menthol.

Skin Bracer is great stuff my favourite aftershave by far. However the scent can be a tad strong for night time use obviously YMMV. I was going to recommend Stetson Original however it doesn't have menthol in it so I guess thts out of the question.
Give Skin Bracer a try $2.50 a bottle is a great deal at Wal-Mart at least here in Canada.

Aqua Velva is a good choice as has been suggested already. Fairly strongly scented though, but it's such a good classic scent that it should be acceptable. :)

Stetson also makes a good aftershave called "Cooling Moisture" that does a really nice job of moisturizing your face post shave, and also has a very pleasant scent.

At night, a 70/30 mixture of WH and alcohol, seasoned with menthol as desired. No scent after it flashes off...fire and ice.
My pharmacist sold me a bottle of menthol over the counter.

I sometimes put a little Aqua Velva Ice Blue on before bed even when I didn't shave. It has the perfect amount of menthol to cool my face and just make me feel good before bed (especially since in Arizona its hot most of the time even at night).

Top Bottom