What's new

Aftershave for Night Shaving

Hi all,

Was looking for some suggestions on an aftershave to use for the evening as I mostly shave at night. Currently I use Proraso Green and LOVE IT!

Now here's the catch....I'm looking for something I can buy locally at Target, Wal-Mart...I think you get the idea.

I'm looking for something with menthol and doesn't have strong or lasting scent.

I hope I'm not asking for to much [emoji4]

Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

6494ffab708a580048a114a357eba224.jpg

I second the Skin Bracer. I love shaving after a swim on a warm summer night. Ingram cream, a quick hit of Osage rub, and some Skin Bracer or the green Barbasol splash. Lie in the scratcher with the ceiling fan gently purring above me. Coooooooool!

Although mentholated, both Skin Bracer & Aqua Velva Ice Blue scents linger pretty long on me and I find the scents a bit on the strong side. Don't get me wrong: I love them. But these scents may be a little too much to use b4 bed time.

Good news is that they're cheap enough to try out.

I like Aqua Velva, but on my skin, it's a pretty strong scent and it lingers for a while.
Skin Bracer is also a nice scent, but the scent mostly fades fairly quickly. If I had to choose between those two based on the criteria of "soothing, and won't keep me awake due to smell" then the Skin Bracer would be an easy choice.

What about plain witch hazel? Soothes after a shave and any scent (on plain varieties) disappears almost instantly.

Not meeting your request to keep it local, but still worthy of consideration: Speick. I shave at night about 50% of the time, and Speick is my favorite night time AS splash. It's very soothing, and the pleasant scent is fairly tame and what is there fades in a short period of time.

I like Aqua Velva, but on my skin, it's a pretty strong scent and it lingers for a while.
Skin Bracer is also a nice scent, but the scent mostly fades fairly quickly. If I had to choose between those two based on the criteria of "soothing, and won't keep me awake due to smell" then the Skin Bracer would be an easy choice.

What about plain witch hazel? Soothes after a shave and any scent (on plain varieties) disappears almost instantly.

Not meeting your request to keep it local, but still worthy of consideration: Speick. I shave at night about 50% of the time, and Speick is my favorite night time AS splash. It's very soothing, and the pleasant scent is fairly tame and what is there fades in a short period of time.
I like and use WH as well, but I really like alcohol after a shave.

If you want something soothing to the skin, fleeting in scent, & containing alcohol you might enjoy some of the Booster after shaves.

Although mentholated, both Skin Bracer & Aqua Velva Ice Blue scents linger pretty long on me and I find the scents a bit on the strong side. Don't get me wrong: I love them. But these scents may be a little too much to use b4 bed time.

Good news is that they're cheap enough to try out.

+1

What's more relaxing than Pinaud Clubman. The scent doesn't linger on me very long at all. Just drop a couple of menthol crystals in the bottle and you would be good to go.

I'm wondering what would happen if you used some of the generic, low alcohol (14%) witch hazel and added some menthol crystals as needed. That way you could customize the menthol level to exactly what you want and definitely have a low odor AS.

Ok all, I went to store today and picked up some Aqua Velva for 3.99!

Now, WHAT is that smell? Its trying to tickle a memory...I've smelled it before, but can't place where. I can't remember if my dad used it either. Something about it though.....I do like it!
proxy.php

I haven't used it yet though, maybe tonight [emoji1]

Thanks for the help everyone.....now if I can just place that scent (yes, it's been bothering me ask day lol)

What's more relaxing than Pinaud Clubman. The scent doesn't linger on me very long at all. Just drop a couple of menthol crystals in the bottle and you would be good to go.
Where can I buy menthol crystals? Do local shops carry them? Or online only?

Where can I buy menthol crystals? Do local shops carry them? Or online only?

Did you use up all the menthol crystals I sent you in the PIF last summer?
I got mine from Amazon. Fairly inexpensive.

I also shave at night mostly and a lighter scented AS is preferred. The Barbasol splashes work pretty well and are cheap. Pacific Rush can sometimes be found at Big Lots for $1. Brisk is at a couple of the Dollar Stores - Family Dollar and Dollar General usually.

I also enjoy the Aqua Velva you picked up.

Enjoy!

Im always a night shaver and I use Old Spice Classic. I may have to give Skin Bracer a shot though, lots of people seem to recommend it.

Top Bottom