What's new

Aftershave & cologne pairings

Sorry if this post is in the wrong spot, but figured “fragrance” was a good place to start.

So, recently I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the PAA aftershave in the ESP line. It smells fantastic! Sadly, I received an email the other day stating it would be discontinued.

As a guy who is transitioning from essential oil blends for hippie cologne to more traditional EDP and EDT colognes, does anyone have good advice on aftershave/cologne pairings? I’m definitely an earthy/musk type guy. I just picked up some Drakkar Noir(I know, but love it or hate it, I’m giving it a shot) and would like to know if there’s a good aftershave splash or balm that would pair nicely with it. I wonder if a good barber shop scent would complement it. 🤔.

So, any thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated. As always, thanks in advance gents!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The best AS to go with Tabac cologne is more Tabac AS.

Draakar Noir used to be my signature scent when I was single and on the prowl. :)

Their AS is hard to find and expensive when you do, but there is plenty of Draakar Noir AS Balm floating around online on Amazon or EBay.

It’s what I use when spraying on the EDT and I’m not really a balm guy.

I think any aftershave that is lavender or geranium forward would work well with DN. I have a Gillette Balm which I think might work well with it. I'm trying to think of some others, but nothing comes else comes to mind for DN. Actually, Eucalyptus forward stuff like Osage Rub, Sta-cool, or Proraso Green like Bhugo suggested might work well.

If you like green/leather fragrances like Quorum or Bijan, Clubman's Special Reserve fits great!
Violet/Musky fragrances like Grey Flannel, and maybe Fahrenheit do well with Lilac Vegetal.
Lustray Spice fits well with other spice fragrances, like Sex Appeal or Stetson.

Lots of combinations to consider!

My Dad used Drakaar Noir since I could remember. When he sprayed that stuff it meant we were going somewhere special, like a wedding or a baptism. Was a gangster cologne of the old days. Then it got real tacky when it began showing in the drug stores. I'm not sure that I could ever spray the stuff on my just because it was my old man's signature scent and I couldn't rip it off him. RIP Dad

Top Bottom