What's new

Aftershave balms and oily skin

I have always had oily skin so while I keep my body hydrated with water and my skin properly moisturized, it doesn't take much to get that T-zone sheen. As we approach the summer months, many people might skip the balm and go for the splash. But I was wondering, do any of you guys with oily skin have a problem using balms? Whenever I use them my face gets so oily that I have to dab it with a tissue minutes later. I don't think I use too much but I only use A/S splashes year-round as a result.

You might try something like Mama Bears summer aftershave milk. It's a very light, thin product that won't leave an oily feeling on your face. Also, if you use a balm, use a very very small amount - QED's skin conditioners are fantastic when used in that way.

Similar issues, although maybe not quite as bad. First, why put balm on your T-zone, unless you have dry skin there? Second, I would just stick with the alcohol splashes. Why make things complicated? If you don't need to moisture of a balm, don't use one.

-Mo

I'd stick with the splashes. Why use anything else? That nice tingle to wake you up, the way they make your skin feel great, what more do you want?

I'm only asking this because before I got accustomed to shaving products, I bought balms and splashes. I don't want the balms to sit unused in my bathroom. Oh well.

Top Bottom