What's new

aftershave balm

ive been using seaforth spice for the past few days and after the shave my skin feels somewhat dry and dull. does anyone know of an aftershave balm that would pair well with this particular scent? thanks!

I'm a big fan of the proraso blue balm. I've found it pairs well with a variety of scents, and most importantly - leaves my skin feeling refreshed and pampered.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You COULD do what I do: just buy some vintage Avon Spicy and mix it with the "unscented" variety of the face/hand cream of your choice! I just mix it together in my palms, not really scientific, but it werks out great my friend. You could of course use any Old Spice as well.

Mostly, I just use a moisturiser (unscented) after either an aftershave splash (Speick), or before a fragrance. I also have a couple of Stirling balms, and ocassionally use those.

I have found regular La Toja balm to be fantastic and to play well with most scents. Sensatvio doesn't seem to help my face as well. Proraso white and blue also seem pretty neutral.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little more about yourself.

I may recommend Heinz after shave balm, VERY affordable here in Europe, mild scent, mid thickness, extremely soothing, a day long hydrating effect, in a glass bottle, made in Germany.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
While you could certainly search for a compatibly scented balm that wouldn't be my first choice. I like to switch scents frequently and don't want that much of a coordination requirement.

There are lots of good balms out there. I've used Nivea, Hawkins and Brimble, Castle Forbes, Cerave, Freyja and Clinique Moisturizer, and they all work.

The CF lasts forever. The problem I had was the difficulty of only using 2 drops from a glass bottle. If you use too much it seems to keep the face a bit greasy for much of the day.

My preference is for a tube over a bottle, and one that incorporates into the skin quickly. Of all I've tried the Clinique is the most satisfying, but it might not be for you. I suspect you'll have to try a few. Unless you're allergic (as I was with the H&B) it's really hard to go wrong.

Top Bottom