What's new

Aftershave balm /cream recommendation

I currently use the CVS 'Blade' brand Aftershave balm for Sensitive Skin (CVS's private label of Nivea i believe)

Just wondering if there are any others i should consider.

My Requirements:

NO alcohol
NO menthol
NO artificial colors
NON-greasy
Preferably Unscented or Light Scent

Is the CVS (Nivea) pretty much it, or are there any other options to try?

My wife put this Burt’s Bees stuff in my Christmas stocking. I see that alcohol is in there, near the bottom of the ingredients list, but I can’t detect it in that amount. The scent is very light. It won’t interfere with any other fragrance.

I’m not a big balm user, but I have this and Nivea handy, like them both.

4C53948B-BB71-4901-AB6F-A555419D768F.jpeg

09341C34-687A-45C2-8D29-5008ADE7C226.jpeg

I currently use the CVS 'Blade' brand Aftershave balm for Sensitive Skin (CVS's private label of Nivea i believe)

Just wondering if there are any others i should consider...
Is the CVS (Nivea) pretty much it, or are there any other options to try?

Weleda Aftershave Balm:

weleda-balm-1.jpg

Proraso White Balm:
pw-1.jpg

L'Occitane makes a nice soothing aftershave in a tube (like a cream) very subtle scent that pretty much disappears after you apply it.

Thanks @mars for the feedback. I have used this balm (two tubes) over the years and I remember being an excellent product. It does have some Shea butter in it but I don't remember being greasy. Mind you, what I call greasy is the appearance of the shiny skin. I don't remember having glossy or shiny skin after application. Maybe you could confirm that, now that you are currently using it.
I always thought of it as an excellent balm and will consider buying again.

Thanks @mars for the feedback. I have used this balm (two tubes) over the years and I remember being an excellent product. It does have some Shea butter in it but I don't remember being greasy. Mind you, what I call greasy is the appearance of the shiny skin. I don't remember having glossy or shiny skin after application. Maybe you could confirm that, now that you are currently using it.
I always thought of it as an excellent balm and will consider buying again.
Well, I don’t find it greasy but I have dry skin. A little goes a long way. I just meant I is substantially heavier than something like Nivea. It’s much more moisturizing.

I see... Well, PdP Balm is closer to a cream, if that is what you mean by "heavy", the reason it comes in a tube. PdP balm is very economical, since you only need a small amount, and it absorbs very quickly and completely. It leaves no glossy "film" on skin and the skin feels supple.
Nivea, on the other hand, is much "lighter", being much runnier. The reason it comes in a bottle. In my opinion, PdP is a much better product, just by comparing the ingredients. I must confess that I tried a bottle of Nivea (don't remember the kind) and did not like it at all.
So, if one puts "heavy" and greasy in the same sentence it might create a false impression.
I did not find PdP balm greasy at all. It is more like a cream, so use little at a time.

I believe that if someone looks for a good quality balm/cream, a product with the attributes listed above, it would be a pity to skip the PdP balm. A balm of excellent value.

Top Bottom