What's new

Aftershave and age

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Absolutely. I'm not an old man so I don't dress or smell like one. At the end of the day, use what you want to but fragrance is a part of fashion for me. AS doesn't really project or last that long but I still prefer to use more youthful products that match where I am in life. Its always kind of funny when the marketing for a product is along the lines of 'be like robert redford, clint eastwood and sean connery'. Why would I want to smell like a 90 year old!?!? There'll be plenty of time for old spice and green tweed and plain sandalwood when I'm older.
So do you smell like Johnny Depp? Justin Timberlake? One Direction?

I have to stay away from strong fragrances especially on my face. Makes me sneeze. I like clubman’s classic scent but all their stuff is too strong for me. I’m 45 and I do find somethings a bit grandpa-ish but like others have said “good memories.” My not so old favorite is obsession(wife’s too). She tends attack me like a ravenous dog so I always have some some near by.

I've got a few original old spice bottles.I remember my father coming out of the bathroom stinking of it.I only put it on when i'm on my own for the day or when my daughter comes around.I like to smell my best for her.(Like a tarts handbag)I always tell her this is how my dad smelt and she pretends to like it.:devil::devil::devil: I know i can't help it.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've got a few original old spice bottles.I remember my father coming out of the bathroom stinking of it.I only put it on when i'm on my own for the day or when my daughter comes around.I like to smell my best for her.(Like a tarts handbag)I always tell her this is how my dad smelt and she pretends to like it.:devil::devil::devil: I know i can't help it.
When I was a teenager and I'd overdo the aftershave my father would tell me I smelled "like a French hoor."

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Anniversary shave complete. :)

C00A1FC8-7E9C-485C-B5E7-40ECBA6F272C.jpeg

4A93D775-D0F0-4683-A291-A5EBDFDFACD3.jpeg

Vintage Shulton Old Spice Fresh Lime AS and vintage Shulton OS Cologne Spray.

Doesn’t get any better imo.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Aqua Velva, Old Spice, English Leather and the like don't remind me of old men; they remind me of high school, and how we used to pour that stuff on before dates. ('Tis why I don't use them today.)

My Dad was an Old Spice guy. He would occasionally switch it up with Aqua Velva. I like OS and I splash it on once in a while for old times sake. And I am an old man, so I dont give a hoot what anyone thinks. One of the benefits of aging.

Top Bottom