What's new

Aftershave and age

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
For the price I should just order a bottle. At last resort it would be a harmless prank to splash some on my buddies faces when they pass out drunk in my garage.

I know I would be confused if I woke up hungover and smelled like lilac vegetal....

Keep your wife away if you do that.
A passed out drunk buddy is no way to find out she likes The Veg!

:lol:

I would give it a fair chance first.

But at 8 dollars a bottle it would probably save me money because my buddies wouldn't drink all my beer knowing they would wake up smelling funny.

😂
It is not as overpowering as it seems from these threads. Whether deemed good or bad, it is not life altering LOL. Just try it. I use it most often, mainly because it is my least favorite and I look forward to it being gone so I can fill its space....but hey, I wear it more often than anything else LOL

I love the "old man scents" and I do not care what anyone (save my wife) thinks of me. Luckily she likes them all but the veg which she tolerates as long as I do not flaunt it to her LOL

It is not as overpowering as it seems from these threads. Whether deemed good or bad, it is not life altering LOL. Just try it. I use it most often, mainly because it is my least favorite and I look forward to it being gone so I can fill its space....but hey, I wear it more often than anything else LOL

I love the "old man scents" and I do not care what anyone (save my wife) thinks of me. Luckily she likes them all but the veg which she tolerates as long as I do not flaunt it to her LOL

I figured it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Like Nickelback or people from Canada.

I'm not too old to remember AXE... not because I ever used it, but because my kids used to buy it, and use a ton of it... a long, time ago :eek2:
I do not know if it is axes or not but what ever my boy has been spraying clears the house out. He walked up to me outside to tell me good bye and made my eyes water. No kid I do not miss you that much...its your DA GUM COLOGNE! lol

I do not know if it is axes or not but what ever my boy has been spraying clears the house out. He walked up to me outside to tell me good bye and made my eyes water. No kid I do not miss you that much...its your DA GUM COLOGNE! lol

That must be why no matter how much you sprayed on the ladies never came running to you in the commercials.

They always ran the other way. Hopefully it was just the body spray.........

I'm a 40 something Gen X'r and I find that I most appreciate and always come back to the inexpensive drug store classics of Brut, Old Spice, and Skin Bracer. They smell great and most importantly SWMBO thinks they smell great.

It just proves the fact that it doesn't always have to be expensive to be good. The classics wouldn't still be around if they were bad

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have to say with just a very few exceptions in my collection that most of the aftershaves I own could or would be considered on the "old man" side. Barbershops, Bay Rums and Aquatics. Nothing hip and trendy there! Maybe Captain's Choice Venture, a Creed Aventus knockoff, would be considered on the younger side.

I have to say with just a very few exceptions in my collection that most of the aftershaves I own could or would be considered on the "old man" side. Barbershops, Bay Rums and Aquatics. Nothing hip and trendy there! Maybe Captain's Choice Venture, a Creed Aventus knockoff, would be considered on the younger side.

I was sent by accident once a bottle of Fine American blend aftershave. I had to send it back, but before I did I couldn't help to put a dab on my hand.

I was so thoroughly impressed that I soon ordered a bottle.

It smells more "modern" to me than some of the "classic" scents, but somehow reminds me of a classic scents too.

I hope that this aftershave stands the test of time like some of the other scents that have been with us for so long

Top Bottom