What's new

Aftershave advice.

I am 4 months into my wet shaving journey but I have always used aftershaves. I have been an old spice guy for 35 years. Since I started DE Wet shaving I have sampled the clubmen brand and found their "Musk" aftershave and can't get enough of it. I like whisky reserve but not a fan of their Bay rum. With that said, and my preferences leaning in the Old Spice & Clubman Musk direction. Do you guys have any advice for me as I would like to add to my collection? Sandalwood is my preferred shaving cream fragrance.

Why change from Classic Old Spice?

Last bottle of after shave I wonder was Ralph Lauren Polo, I am not a guy who needs to smell like a flower.

I always smell lik er I just finished Cigar, because I did.

Why change from Classic Old Spice?

Last bottle of after shave I owned was Ralph Lauren Polo, I am not a guy who needs to smell like a flower.

I always smell like I just finish Cigar, because I did.💨

If you like sandalwood, you would probably like Proraso Red. It is easier to find a better deal on the larger bottles (400ml size). I would consider Proraso Red more suited to Fall and Winter, though.

I'm not sure whether you don't like Bay Rums in general, or just the Pinaud version. If you are willing to try another bay rum, try Suavecito in the 4oz bottle for around $7 or $8. If you end up liking the Suavecito, you can buy Gabel's in the pint bottles, it is the same thing and less expensive by the pint.

If you like citrus scents for warmer weather, you might like Pinaud Citrus Musk. It is one of their better ones, IMHO.

Another good Pinaud is the Vanilla. Really old-fashioned traditional scent.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
If you're into Old Spice, you might want to try an aftershave that has the original Shulton Old Spice scent. There are a number of those out there.

Stirling - Spice
Wet the Face - Spices from the Sea
PAA - Cold Spices
Barrister and Mann - Reserve Spice

I went ahead and ordered Barrister and Mann - Reserve Spice. Excited for to see how close they are to the original Old Spice.

There are also a number of different OS options. My favorite, of course, is the old Shulton. There are also versions from Italy (‘original’), India (have not used for some time) and other alternatives to the ‘classic‘ version.

Top Bottom