What's new

Aftershave 3017 Challenge

I switched between Floïd Blue and Booster Polar Ice this spring/summer/fall, and will be switching back to Cade balm shortly, say November 1.

Just finished a bottle of Razorock Emperor.
Worked well for me.
I would like to try some other Aventus clones before purchasing this one again.

My 100 ml bottle of DR Harris Pink AS is now complete. Excellent stuff, particularly if you want a splash with little/no sting and a very mild scent.

Well 852 days after I cracked the seal on a bottle of RR baby blue I can declare it empty.
(that is Oct 29, 2017 -> Feb 27, 2020 for those keeping score)

aftershave.jpg

Looking forward to trying the Floid.

Ruckin.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
So thanks to @ruckin I am now aware that this 3017 AS thread exists, so I've decided to start posting over here when I finish one, as I've had a case of ASAD (in addition to RAD & SAD) which has particularly manifested itself in collecting a massive lot of vintage AVON among others and I need to 3017 through my collection.

So without further adieu,

This morning I finished off a homemade concoction I've named "Brutjammer" which was 4 oz of a 50/50 mix of vintage Avon Windjammer and a generic dollar store Brut knockoff. It was a pretty decent blend....

1586879335956.png

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Finished off the rest of the Avon Windjammer, good stuff and a really neat "classics" bottle that is made to look like a book. There's also a book bottle of Tribute & Leather that I got on eBay and will be using in the future....

1587559030397.png

Gone but not forgotten.

DRH.jpg

This was given to me by my oldest son. It is excellent and if I didn't have so many other aftershave to go through I would spend the big bucks to replace it.

Wow, I have 530 shaves on my bottle... but I still have some left. I took 852 shaves to finish a 400ml of RR baby blue and I expect the floid to last about the same.

LOL I broke my brick of Vitos extra coco into three chunks (in Feb 2019). I am still working on the second chunk after 899 shaves. I swear that someone sneaks in at night and adds just a little bit of soap. 🤔

The Floid blue will eventually be emptied... I have faith.

Today after 882 shaves I managed to 3017 a bottle of Floid Blue. I have grown to like it quit a bit. I am sad that I can't seem to find more of it.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Well @ruckin this seems like a very lonely thread, I didn't even know it was a thing but I am currently trying to 3017 a bottle of Blue Stratos I started in August and I'm hoping to finish it soon-ish. You know how aftershave is, it runs out in its own time

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230418_143850.jpg

Hopin it won't be long now, I finished 3 last year, why couldn't I have known about this thread then?

Unlike 3017ing soaps, doing it with AS is not for the faint of heart. It takes FOREVER. I finished my bottle of Floïd Blue last fall after a few years working on it. I was working on a tube of TOBS Jermyn Street AS balm before it got too warm, and am now using a sample bottle of Thayer’s Unscented Witch Hazel. I’ll finish that one in a few weeks.

Top Bottom