What's new

Aftershave 3017 Challenge

Finished up a bottle of Consul today. It's a Polish drugstore brand. Very soothing, with a fleeting fresh scent. Now my dilemma is what to use next. Guess I'll figure it out in the morning.

Used the last of Maggard's Tobacco & Leather this morning. Excellent splash, great toning, conditioning, and scent. I'll be revisiting this one, as well as checking out their other splashes. Declaration Grooming's Darkfall tomorrow.

My bottle of SCS Lime Milk is rapidly approaching the end. I’m so glad I didn’t go nuts on AS when I started. These bottles are darned near impossible to finish.

I don't know how many aftershaves I have (sitting unopened) but I am working on them one at a time (although I cheat and take a sample with me when I travel for work). My current project is RR blue in a 400ml bottle. With a couple spritz a shave it is going to last quite awhile.

Ruckin.

It took me two years of nearly-exclusive daily use (minus the couple of months that I quit shaving) to finish this bottle, but I finally did it! I definitely got good mileage from this balm. If it were still being made, I would buy another bottle and keep using it. Unfortunately, it's long gone, so I am trying other balms until I settle on a good one.

Attachments

• 20180218_202743.jpg
    20180218_202743.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
SCS Lime AS Milk is finished (e.g. it's too much trouble to get the last drops from the bottle)

Next on tap is a partially used tube of L'Occitane Cade AS Balm

I read this thread and wonder how you guys can be so dedicated. When my aftershave drawer gets too full I just give some away, or worse, toss what I’m not impressed with if it’s cheap. You guys are very resolute. I could never do this.:ouch1:

I think I may finish up my bottle of Caldey Island Fern, which I can't get anymore because of the new regs about shipping AS internationally, and they only sell direct.
Just read through this thread since I've been 3017'ing my AS in order to use up some of the bottles sitting around. I'm working my way through my bottle of Myrsol Antesol that was purchased just after I started wet shaving in 2015. (I've got a liter of Antesol sitting in my drawer as reserve. I think that that will be split up into usable portions so that I can recycle my current Myrsol bottle.)

Was going to respond to @beginish's post about the availability of Caldey Island, but then re-read it and saw that he was looking for Fern. Barrister & Mann has created the CI Lavender with its Reserve Lavender, but I don't know if there's a good replacement for the Fern. Sorry!

Just read through this thread since I've been 3017'ing my AS in order to use up some of the bottles sitting around. I'm working my way through my bottle of Myrsol Antesol that was purchased just after I started wet shaving in 2015. (I've got a liter of Antesol sitting in my drawer as reserve. I think that that will be split up into usable portions so that I can recycle my current Myrsol bottle.)

Was going to respond to @beginish's post about the availability of Caldey Island, but then re-read it and saw that he was looking for Fern. Barrister & Mann has created the CI Lavender with its Reserve Lavender, but I don't know if there's a good replacement for the Fern. Sorry!

Thanks, Bob. The CI Lavender is the best I’ve ever smelled (including the Castle Forbes AS balm). I know CI was shipping the concentrate of the Lavender to be diluted, but wasn’t aware that B&M had recreated it.

Right now, my AS stock looks like this:

Floïd Blue
Booster Polar Ice
L'Occitane Cade ASB
Lucky Tiger AS

To be honest, I don’t love the scent of either the Floïd or Booster, and am considering getting a bottle of Harris Pink for my regular splash in warmer weather. The Cade scent is great (and I really wish they hadn’t EOL’d the splash several years ago). Lucky Tiger is just plain good and reliable.

Finished off a bottle of Irisch Moos yesterday. I'm gonna miss that stuff, I love everything about it. Now it's back to Floid for awhile, maybe all summer. We'll see.

I have put away the Cade balm for the warm weather, and have pulled out my bottle of Booster's Polar Ice until it turns cold again.

Alright I would like to start killing off some of my splashes. Here’s what I have:

Aqua Velva
Barrister’s Reserve Cool
Barrister’s Reserve Classic
Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Barrister’s Reserve Lavender
MEM English Leather
Shulton Old Spice (lantern decanter)

The Old Spice is slightly irritating to my skin so I might just have to use it as a paperweight.

I’ll begin with the vintage MEM English Leather. Let’s see how long it lasts.

I’ve been bound and determined to cycle through and finish my bottle of Italian barber amici after shave. I’m one of the odd ones around here because I like to stay consistent with product usage and I like stability. When you start mixing and changing it up daily, and something happens with a rash or razor burn or whatever, it makes it harder to pin point what the variable there is. I like trying different blades, but I make sure to use the same one for a week.

I’ve burned through two containers of proraso pre shave

Well there was less English Leather remaining than expected and it has ceased to be. I am not too upset about it being gone though. Just not the scent for me. I still have the matching cologne splash though which I will dab occasionally to my neck.

Anyway, I'm moving on to Barrister's Reserve Cool; a fantastic aftershave for sure. It's a little over half-full. I can already say that I'll likely repurchase this one.

Top Bottom